How To Ice Cookies?

Baking By veronika Updated 14 Jul 2006 , 1:12pm by peg818

veronika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronika Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 7:36am
post #1 of 8

Hi! I'm from South Africa and I have to tell you, NOBODY ices their cookies here. How do you do it?

7 replies
freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 7:41am
post #2 of 8

most people will ice their sugar cookies with royal icing. It is made out of powdered sugar, water, and meringue powder (or egg whites). you can also add flavoring to it. i can't believe no one there ices their cookies. It amazes me the differences between countries. It is so easy to think that "everybody" does things the same way, when really that isn't true.

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 7:59am
post #3 of 8

Off the topic...freddyfl, you are busy bee with all those kids so close together!

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 8:49am
post #4 of 8

Veronika, although I have seen cookies iced in the same why here in South Africa, I have to agree with you, it is not as beautiful as those I have seen on this site.

Elna

mid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mid Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 9:59am
post #5 of 8

If you hate the swet taste of royal icing, you can also use white chocolate to decorate your cookies.....you can add food colouring to your white chocolate.

manatee19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manatee19 Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 4:00pm
post #6 of 8

veronika...

Their is an article about how to decorate cookies if you wanted to know more details.

Have fun[/i]

SScakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SScakes Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 11:46am
post #7 of 8

Veronika....

I'm South African and I do cookies all the time. Yes they are not common but people love them. Let me know if you need more info. There are great threads on this site that can help you. icon_smile.gif

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 1:12pm
post #8 of 8

i use fondant to ice my cookies, its fast and easy and tastes great. All you need is a little water to adhere to the cookie, or just lay the fondant on a warm cookie and it will adhere all by itself.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%