6" Cake Pricing

Business By ashianadotkom Updated 15 Jun 2006 , 2:01am by ashianadotkom

ashianadotkom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashianadotkom Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 2:01pm
post #1 of 13

I stopped making 6' cakes for client's but someone is asking to give her prices for a couple of them. How much do you guys charge for that.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=ashianadotkom&cat=0&pos=1

This would be an example.

Thannk you so much.

12 replies
didi5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didi5 Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 2:05pm
post #2 of 13

Won't make cakes for less than $25!

ashianadotkom Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 13

Thank u Didi!!!!

Anyone else???

ashianadotkom Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 2:44pm
post #4 of 13

nO ON ELSE icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

mommabuda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabuda Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 2:47pm
post #5 of 13

base price for a 6" i would charge $15 but if you use anything other than BC or if you use fondant (like in the picture)... it would probably go up to either $20 or maybe a little more...

Kellie1583 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellie1583 Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 2:48pm
post #6 of 13

I charge $15.00 for a 6 inch, but that's because the market I am in would not support anything higher than that. I know someone here that doesn't do anything for less than $20, but I often get her clients if that tells ya anything.

madiesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madiesmom Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 2:50pm
post #7 of 13

For buttercream (and you could use chocolate covered coffee beans as accent)... I would charge $15 like stated above. The design is fairly simple, however, the filling etc. is also a factor

Beckalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckalita Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 2:57pm
post #8 of 13

I charge $15 for a 6", $20 for a 7", and $25 for an 8" cake iced and decorated in buttercream. Fondant covering or accents ups the price, as does molded chocolate decorations, gumpaste decorations, etc.

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 11:54pm
post #9 of 13

I recently did one for my son's teacher and charged $20 for BC with fondant accents. She gave me $5 extra, and I would probably charge $25 next time. It takes almost as much time to do as a bigger cake!
Courtney

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 12:32am
post #10 of 13

I had someone ask me for a 6" chocolate cake yesterday ("the smallest round cake you can make")...I was going to charge her $15-20, but then she asked for vanilla creme filling (gotta make it), chocolate fondant covered (gotta make it) and surrounded with chocolate covered strawberries! I told her $30. She paused a little bit but said ok. Now I'm wondering if it's too much. Ack! I'm delivering it Saturday morning, maybe I should tell her $25 when I give it to her?

She also ordered a $65 shower cake, if that makes any difference.

didi5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didi5 Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 1:21am
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleym

I had someone ask me for a 6" chocolate cake yesterday ("the smallest round cake you can make")...I was going to charge her $15-20, but then she asked for vanilla creme filling (gotta make it), chocolate fondant covered (gotta make it) and surrounded with chocolate covered strawberries! I told her $30. She paused a little bit but said ok. Now I'm wondering if it's too much. Ack! I'm delivering it Saturday morning, maybe I should tell her $25 when I give it to her?

She also ordered a $65 shower cake, if that makes any difference.

At the end of the day it boils down to how much the cake costs and how much time it took you to make it. Do you think $30 dollars is enough for all the special requests she asked and for your time? I think you should have charged more.

cmmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmmom Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 1:29am
post #12 of 13

I agree with didi - I wouldn't do anything for less than $25. And then with all of your clients "extras" I would not feel bad about the $30 you quoted her. Fondant, vanilla creme filling, fresh strawberries - all could get pricey when you add them up.

Stick with the $30 - you deserve it!

ashianadotkom Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 2:01am
post #13 of 13

Thank you ladies so much for all your response.
My 6" cakes start from 25 and up. I am becoming friends with her and just wanted a second opinion that i wasn't charging her too much.
When i told her my cakes start from 25 and up she said and i quote"that's it...it that gonna cover your ingredients and your time making it!!
We need more of these kind of people in the cake bussiness as our clients.
We are underappreciated as decorators. People need to know what a slice of good cake taste like icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%