Help With Lisa's Best Mmf Ever

Decorating By JenniferHeath Updated 16 May 2007 , 4:01am by JenniferHeath

JenniferHeath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferHeath Posted 15 May 2007 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 3

I am having problems with Lisa's best MMF ever. I don't know if I am using too many marshmallows or what. The recipe calls for a large bag of mallows but how many ounces is that? After I added 1 pound of pwd. sugar it was still very runny. It took another pound to get it to smooth consistancy. It rolled very pretty and looked pretty on the cakes, but its very thick and chewy and people don't like it. They said it was way too sweet. Is this how fondant is? Please help!

2 replies
FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 15 May 2007 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 3

If you are using a lg bag of marshmellows (a 16 oz bag) 1 lb of powdered sugar isn't going to be enough.. most MMF recipes call for 15-16 oz of marshellows and 2 lbs of powdered sugar.. the one's I have made anyway. And yes.. fondant is chewy and sweet. I don't know the exact recipe you are using, but if you post it maybe we can see what the trouble is. I made Rhonda's Ultimate MMF and it was good. I made plain MMF once and it wasn't up to par.. very chewy and not a good flavor.

JenniferHeath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferHeath Posted 16 May 2007 , 4:01am
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much. I used Lisa's Best MMF Ever! off of this site.
1/4 shortening
2 1/2 tbsp. water
1 bag marshmallows (the big one)
Melt and mix all ing. and then knead in 1 lb. pwd. sugar. Add flavoring if desired

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%