Building A Website For My Business

Business By sparrowtrini Updated 20 Jun 2006 , 9:17pm by OCakes

sparrowtrini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparrowtrini Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 10:51pm
post #1 of 11

Ive got one registered but would like to know how to set it up.

Any suggestions?

10 replies
jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 2:23am
post #2 of 11

doesn't the site where you registered it give you any information? i used register.com and they have great packages and a webpage took my only about a 4-5 hours to set up.

OCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OCakes Posted 18 Jun 2006 , 1:15am
post #3 of 11

Hi - I just wanted to let you know how HAPPY I am with my website. I used "SpireCreative.com", and worked with Adam Bragg. If you contact him, tell him I sent you, please! =) He has beginning packages at $199, and you can check-out his work at www.OCakes.com (my website). I also receive e-mails to a separate business e-mail account (which was free), so my customers reach me at "[email protected]". ALSO, he pointed me to another sight where I can track how many hits my website gets, every day! Anyway, I wanted to tell you about him, because my website has been my store front & it has been wonderful!

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 1:09am
post #4 of 11

I have a site nothing fancy just galleries on it. I paid under $20.00 for my domain name and my friend host it. I do all my own uploads and work on my site.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 1:35am
post #5 of 11

I have a website with over 1800 pictures in 5 public galleries and 1 hidden gallery (a password-required "naughty cake" gallery) My website was created, for free, by a friend in the UK, and is hosted by him at no charge. I could not be happier with this arrangement. icon_biggrin.gif

It's All Good! thumbs_up.gif

OCakes Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 4:15am
post #6 of 11

Very cool you guys were able to get the sites for so low! Lucky to have those type of friends. My website designer is an old friend too! So, he's given me quite a few tips, like taking pictures without flash, and if at all possible, use natural light, etc... but one thing he does, which is why I don't upload my own pictures, is that he "minimizes" the size of my pictures. I'm not sure how he does it, but customers are able to click through my gallery fairly quickly, where if I would upload, the pictures would take forever to open - just a thought incase it would help you guys!

SugarFrosted - I would LOVE to see your site with all those pictures! WOW! =)

SugarFrosted Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 4:25am
post #7 of 11

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif
Have a look!
My website
address is
down
here.
Just
click
it!
\\/
\\/
V
V
v
v

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 11:36am
post #8 of 11

My husband found a website where you can buy back grounds and alter them for your own website.

Here is mine if you wanna check it out.

www.everylastcrumb.com

I think it cost us $80 for the template and then I pay $10 a month through godaddy.com to host it.

jojo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jojo1 Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 6:05pm
post #9 of 11

sugarfrosted your taz cake is awsome. how did you get the sides soooo smooth? I just did my first cake and it was taz for fathers day this weekend.

SugarFrosted Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 6:37pm
post #10 of 11

jojo1, I bet your cake turned out great and I would love to see it!

I use Viva paper towel on 99% of my cakes, to smooth the big areas and the small areas, but especially the sides. I should buy stock in the Viva Company. I LOVE VIVA! Viva VIVA!

It's all GOOD! thumbs_up.gif

OCakes Posted 20 Jun 2006 , 9:17pm
post #11 of 11

SugarFrosted: I thank you for pointing-out the obvious - ha ha ha!!! I'm pretty embarrassed I asked you for your web address, when I KNOW they're normally listed at the bottom (duh!). Thanks, I'm going to look now! =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%