Cake Release

Baking By ntertayneme Updated 18 May 2005 , 1:32pm by MrsMissey

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 18 May 2005 , 2:16am
post #1 of 6

Have any of you every made your own cake release? I used a recipe I found off the internet.

1 cup of shortening
1 cup of flour
3/4 cup of vegetable oil

I've always used Wilton's cake release. I've never tried the above recipe and was wondering if anyone else has. I have a wedding cake on the 28th of this month to do.. I think I will try a practice cake before then and see if this stuff will work.. if anyone has used their own mixture, please let me know .. and if it's close to the recipe I found and mixed... thanks!

5 replies
cakes-r-us Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes-r-us Posted 18 May 2005 , 2:26am
post #2 of 6

Yes, i use my own cake release, but with 1/2c oil, works great for me. You'll love and it saves you money to spend on other little decorating gems.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 18 May 2005 , 2:31am
post #3 of 6

Thanks cakes-r-us .. It's rather expensive to buy Wilton's brand all the time .. I've been doing a lot of cakes lately and was trying to save some money .. thanks again!

trisha1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trisha1972 Posted 18 May 2005 , 2:33am
post #4 of 6

I use 1c cake flour, 1c oil, and 1 c crisco.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 18 May 2005 , 6:01am
post #5 of 6

The recipe I have doesn't call for a specific amount, just equal parts flour, veg. oil and Crisco, so you can make a small amount (it goes a long way) or a large amount depending on your needs.
Janice

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 18 May 2005 , 1:32pm
post #6 of 6

..yep! I make mine with 1 cup of each flour, crisco and oil! Works like a charm!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%