Petite Fours And Quick Pour Fondant

Decorating By MMorales11 Updated 15 May 2007 , 6:06am by JoanneK

MMorales11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MMorales11 Posted 14 May 2007 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone ever used Quick Pour Fondant? I was wanting to use some becaue of the "QUICK" aspect of it but was not sure if it looked nice. I have never used it either so Im not sure if it is easy to use or make. does anyone have any suggestions and recipes? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

4 replies
angeldream1179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angeldream1179 Posted 14 May 2007 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 5

I've used quick pour fondant for egg petit fours. I don't have a picture but they turned out well. The trick is to keep the fondant warm so it pours on nicely. I put wax paper under my cooling racks. You can reheat if you need.
6 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 teaspoon almond extract
In a saucepan, combine confectioners' sugar, water and corn syrup. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until it reaches a temperature of 92 degrees F (33 degrees C.) Mixture should be thin enough to pour, but thick enough to coat cake.
To cover cake: Frost cake smoothly with buttercream and place on a cooling rack with a cookie sheet underneath. Pour fondant over iced cake, flowing from center and moving out in a circular motion. Touch up sides with a spatula.

designsbydelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
designsbydelights Posted 15 May 2007 , 5:35am
post #3 of 5

I made large petit fours last month and used the colored candy melts and heavy cream following my recipe for ganache. I made sea green, ocean blue, baby pink, etc. Worked out great!

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 15 May 2007 , 5:53am
post #4 of 5

I'll have to try these suggestions. Thanks!!!

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 15 May 2007 , 6:06am
post #5 of 5

I don't know why but those tiny little cakes seem so hard to me. I've never even tried them. I'm a big chicken when it comes to them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%