Baking A Cake In A Flower Pot

Decorating By msmanning2 Updated 12 Jun 2006 , 7:07pm by msmanning2

msmanning2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmanning2 Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 5

I lost my last message so this may be a repeat. Can anyone give advice on how to bake a cake in a flower pot? Do I need to grease/flour/etc it? Thanks for your help!

4 replies
Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 5

I think I saw a thread on here once about baking a cake in a flower pot. It gave some really great tips on how to do it and get good results. I'll try and find it.

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 7:03pm
post #3 of 5

OK, first you make sure your pot is "new"..first wash it really well w/ dish washing soap and water, then sterilize it by putting in the over at 200 degress for about 1 hr.... after this, it should be ready for the cake...
line the pot w/ foil inside, then spray w/ non stick or "easy off" by Wilton.

Pour your cake batter up to 3/4 full.. Bake at the usual temp. Since this is a deep "cake pan" (pot), it's better to bake it at 325..might take longer.
when done, cool completely, remove or lift the foil by holding the edge, then slowly peel off the foil. Now you have a baked cake in shape of a pot. icon_smile.gif

sweetooth2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetooth2 Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 5

Here is how Martha did it....

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=recipe3530047&contentGroup=Martha&layout=martha

If link don't work go to marthastewart.com go to show page you will see a pic of a monkey cake at bottom there will be a link to flower pot cake.

msmanning2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmanning2 Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 5

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%