Cupcake Bouquet

Decorating By DFND Updated 14 May 2007 , 2:29pm by ladefly

DFND Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DFND Posted 14 May 2007 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 6

Help...
First, I want to thank everyone who posted pictures of their cupcake bouquets. I made two of them for Mother's Day and they looked gorgeous. Now for the problem. The frosting slid off the cupcakes that were closer to the bottom. One bouquet had a medium consitency of Wilton recipe and the other had a slightly thinner consitency of Wilton. I made the cupcakes the same day I frosted them, but they weren't warm. Can someone tell me what recipe of frosting/buttercream I should use and could you provide the recipe. What else did I do wrong. Help. I want to make more of these in the future.

Thanks.

5 replies
lakaty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lakaty Posted 14 May 2007 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 6

I've made a bunch of bouquets and used the 'Buttercream Dream' recipe off this site and never had a problem. I did read somewhere a suggestion (I think by Cambo) to tap your cupcake on the counter right after you have iced it to help the icing settle onto the cupcake. Perhaps this might work?????

Good Luck!

DFND Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DFND Posted 14 May 2007 , 2:18pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks, I'll give it a try and post my pictures soon.

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 14 May 2007 , 2:20pm
post #4 of 6

I also made a couple bouquets with buttercream dream icing. I have a few that looked like it had started to slide but it stayed. As soon as I got my bouquets done, I sat them in the fridge. I am also going to try to tap them on the counter like Cambo suggested. I have another one to make today!! icon_biggrin.gif

icing_fever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icing_fever Posted 14 May 2007 , 2:25pm
post #5 of 6

I used Odessa's Crusting Buttercream and tapped my cupcakes on the counter. No problems with the icing at all icon_smile.gif

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 14 May 2007 , 2:29pm
post #6 of 6

i also used buttercream dream, but i put the cupcakes on the pot first and then i frosted them and then put them in the fridge till i was leaving the house. mine stayed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%