Penny's Questions

Baking By JRAE33 Updated 13 Jun 2007 , 8:51pm by partyhelper

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 1:03pm
post #31 of 32

So how do you get the cookies not to stick to the table you're working on? I have a "baking mat" kinda like a silpat - I tried dusting it with flour, I tried using shortening on it, and still when I try to pick the cookie up (with a cookie scraper kinda thing), all the cookie gets mushed and sticks to the scraper or sticks to the baking mat...... I can't pick it up easily (I also grased the cookie scraper)

Any ideas?

partyhelper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
partyhelper Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 8:51pm
post #32 of 32

Hey all,
I always use Penny's cookie recipe and I picked up a tip from ICES last year. In a cookie demo we where told to use parchment paper cut a little bigger than the size of the cookies you are making. Roll the dough out on the parchment pieces. You can pick them up move them to the edge of the counter and twist the stick into the dough. You can move the dough on the parchment to the cookie sheet and bake , no sticking to the counter . I thought when I heard it that it was just an extra step that took time, but you can use the parchment pieces a few times and now I use this everytime I bake cookies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%