Cake Boxes

Decorating By Jenna217 Updated 14 May 2007 , 3:53am by miriel

Jenna217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenna217 Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:29am
post #1 of 7

Where does everyone get their cake boxes through? I have a few graduation orders coming up next week and I need some to deliver my orders in. icon_biggrin.gif

I've seen a few sites that want $2/box plus $4.95 shipping. icon_eek.gif

6 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:33am
post #2 of 7

Most of mine are odd shapes and sizes so for those I use Domino Sugar boxes from Sam's (pretty sturdy). For regular bakery boxes I buy them one at a time from ACMoore or Michaels because its not cost effective for me to buy them by the case, since I don't use them as much as I use the larger Sam's boxes.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:34am
post #3 of 7

I get mine at Pat Catans like a hobby lobby. 1/2 sheets are 1.00 1/4 sheets are .50 that's about the best I can get. Sams club sells them but you have to buy 50 at a time. Hope this helps you or someone has a better idea for you. I hate shipping.

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:34am
post #4 of 7

I went to an Asian pastry shop near my house. They had the plain white cake boxes and I asked to buy some from them. They sold the small box that fits an 8 inch cake for 18cents each and the larger box for 25cents each.
You might get just as lucky going into a small pastry shop near you.

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:34am
post #5 of 7

You should check to see if your city has a paper supply store. I get most of my boxes and boards for under a dollar. I order by the case also. I keep the ones I use the most in stock so I'm not going out to get boxes every week.

Roddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Roddie Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:37am
post #6 of 7

If there's a local store near you that you can buy cakes pans and other things for cakes, they should have the boxes for little of nothing.
Somewhere like Michael's or AC Moore. Here where I live we have a local fresh fruit and veggs market that carries the different size boxes for cakes.

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:53am
post #7 of 7

Got this link from Doug last week: (free shipping)

http://www.brpboxshop.com/cake_boxes.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%