Stuffed Strawberries...

Baking By StephW Updated 19 Sep 2010 , 1:33am by bobwonderbuns

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 14 May 2007 , 2:43am
post #1 of 153

I made some stuffed strawberries today (in my pics). I stuffed them with cream cheese and then dipped them in chocolate. I made them for Mother's day gifts for my mother-in-law and sister-in-law today. They were soooooo good!

Next, I am going to try stuffing them with cheesecake. I found a recipe and found out how to stuff them. I hope they are good.. I love cheesecake more than anything!

152 replies
rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 14 May 2007 , 2:53am
post #2 of 153

They look and sound wonderful!! How did you stuff them? And yes...Cheesecake stuffing sounds so good!!

showersfamily4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
showersfamily4 Posted 14 May 2007 , 2:54am
post #3 of 153

Your strawberries are beautiful and look delicious. How in the world do you stuff a strawberry? Would you mind sharing?

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 14 May 2007 , 2:56am
post #4 of 153

While I was in culinary school, I stuffed some with sweetened mascarpone cheese, dipped them in chocolate and then rolled them in chopped pistachios. They were supposed to be for diners at the school restaurant, but my classmates ate them all before they could be served.

SweetInspirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetInspirations Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:01am
post #5 of 153

wow, I love to even see a strawberry big enough to stuff! Y'all are lucky to get such beautiful fruit icon_wink.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:01am
post #6 of 153

I stuff mine with chocolate mousse too, soooo good.

StephW Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:06am
post #7 of 153

Thanks! You cut a triangle shape out of the bottom of the berry. Then you can fill them with your filling. There is even a hollow space in the berry that you can fill... probably easier to fill in the bigger berries. Anyways, try to keep your filling in the same basic shape as the original strawberry and then chill them. Once chilled, you can dip them and the stuffing will not show... until you bite into them... yummmm!

Brandisbaked... that sounds soooo yummy! I can see why they disappeared so fast!

StephW Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:07am
post #8 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

I stuff mine with chocolate mousse too, soooo good.

That sounds good too! I was thinking of trying the oreo truffles as a filling too.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:38am
post #9 of 153

mmmm, the oreo truffle filling sounds good too! my mom and DH love the kahlua or bailey's mousse filled ones, or cheesecake. I thought about trying a light lemon kind of filling (like lemon mixed with heavy whipping cream or something like a curd) and filling the berries then dipping in a white chocolate with dark chocolate drizzles. Would be a little lighter on the pallet.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:58am
post #10 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephW

I made some stuffed strawberries today (in my pics). I stuffed them with cream cheese and then dipped them in chocolate. I made them for Mother's day gifts for my mother-in-law and sister-in-law today. They were soooooo good!

Next, I am going to try stuffing them with cheesecake. I found a recipe and found out how to stuff them. I hope they are good.. I love cheesecake more than anything!

I have filled them with the Bavarian Cream filling made with Pastry Pride and they were delicious too.
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2396-Bavarian-Cream-Filling.html

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 14 May 2007 , 5:09am
post #11 of 153

Oh you guys are killing me tonight!!! STUFFED CHOCOLATE DIPPED STRAWBERRIES. I really NEED a cheesecake stuffed chocolate covered strawberrry RIGHT NOW!

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 14 May 2007 , 5:13am
post #12 of 153

Yummy- I have never filled from the bottom! Very cool! AND SNEAKY!! icon_lol.gif

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 14 May 2007 , 5:22am
post #13 of 153

I had no idea you could fill strawberries. I am assuming you have to fill them with something of a rather thick consistency. I would imagine anything thin would just drip/pour right out!

I'll have to try it. I always have ganache or something left over. I'll have to stuff some with that.

Amy

StephW Posted 14 May 2007 , 1:55pm
post #14 of 153

mkolmar.... Oooohh... that lemon filled strawberry sounds so delicious! Let me know how they turn out if you try them.

Shirley W.... Strawberries stuffed with Bavarian cream - they sound like Cassata cake - without the cake! I know those had to be wonderful. I will have to try them sometime. What is pastry pride?

cakemommy - Yes, you need something that will hold it's shape. I filled them and then chilled them. Then dipped. When you fill them, you want the filling to be the same shape as the original berry so that you can't tell once they are filled.

I watched a short online video about this.... from the Emingers berry lady. I will see if I can find it again and post the link.

edited to correct the name of the berry place I saw the video from!

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 14 May 2007 , 2:41pm
post #15 of 153

Thank you for the info. So if you want the filling to be the same shape apparently you have to have a filling that is moldable like cheesecake or marzipan? HMMMMM!!!!! Interesting that the information in the tutorial is given as "the same shape" instead of something that is thick and moldable or a "non-liquid".

Amy

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:10pm
post #17 of 153

Well, for the berries I just did, I filled them with cream cheese mixed with some powdered sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla. It is not the same consistancy as a baked cheesecake would be. I had to let it chill in the freezer ( I was in a hurry - chilling in the fridge would work fine too) so it was firm enough to use.

I think 'thick and moldable' is a good description. This lady at Emingers uses all kinds of things to stuff her berries with... cookie dough, cheesecake, creme brulee... even brownies I think - though I haven't read that one yet.

I'll get the links when I can... may not be able to access them until tonight.

StephW Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:18pm
post #18 of 153

BrandisBaked - yes that is it! And she gives a demo on making them if you click on the Play Video link to the right.

Thank you!

marthajo1 Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:26pm
post #19 of 153

I filled some with some leftover profiterole filling once and served them along side the profiteroles. They were very good.

Thank you for that tutorial link!

StephW Posted 14 May 2007 , 5:28pm
post #20 of 153

marthajo.... what was in the filling? whipped cream? something else?

marthajo1 Posted 14 May 2007 , 6:04pm
post #21 of 153

whipped topping, powdered sugar and vanilla (I used a pampered chef recipe.)

StephW Posted 14 May 2007 , 7:47pm
post #22 of 153

OK... sounds about what I used for these... except I had cream cheese instead of the whipped cream.

It all sounds good. So many possibilities. And now I know what I can do with leftover filling!

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 15 May 2007 , 7:39pm
post #23 of 153

I use 8oz of cream cheese to 1 jar of marshmallow cream. Very Yummy!

StephW Posted 17 May 2007 , 12:08am
post #24 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanzah67

I use 8oz of cream cheese to 1 jar of marshmallow cream. Very Yummy!

You know - I used to make a fruit dip like that... it was good. Then do you dip them in the chocolate too?

shanzah67 Posted 17 May 2007 , 12:25am
post #25 of 153

I would dip just half of the strawberry in chocolate...so that the chocolate doesn't overpower the yummy cream cheese center icon_smile.gif

StephW Posted 17 May 2007 , 12:45am
post #26 of 153

Wow - what's not to love with that?! Cream cheese, marshmallow, chocolate and a strawberry to boot. Maybe I can even pretend it's good for me because of the strawberry... hahahahahaha!

shanzah67 Posted 17 May 2007 , 1:30pm
post #27 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephW

Wow - what's not to love with that?! Cream cheese, marshmallow, chocolate and a strawberry to boot. Maybe I can even pretend it's good for me because of the strawberry... hahahahahaha!

Hey I like the way you think! icon_lol.gif

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 18 May 2007 , 7:41pm
post #28 of 153

Could you pipe the filling in?? Or does in need to be moldable and inserted?

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 18 May 2007 , 8:24pm
post #29 of 153

Hmmm. sounds like a great branching out point from cakes and cookies!! Has anyone tried the cheesecake in a tub? Is it firm enough? And....do ya'll sell these? If so- how much??? Thanks!

marthajo1 Posted 18 May 2007 , 8:40pm
post #30 of 153

What about a wedge of banana inside the strawberry? That just sounds good to me....i don't know if it would work!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%