I Just Did A Drive-By Caking!

Decorating By beachcakes Updated 12 Jun 2006 , 2:03am by martinez73

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 1:29am
post #1 of 7

You guys would understand the humor in this... my mother decided to have an impromptu dinner party tonite for some friends who were celebrating their 50th anniversary (she invited them at 5 for dinner at 7). It was my mom's anniversary on Friday and i had made her a chocolate cake w/ rasp. BC filling and covered in ganache. She still had 2/3 of the cake left and decided to have it for her dessert tonite. She calls me 1/2 hr. before the guests were to arrive asking me if i had any chocolate shells left over from a wedding cake yesterday. She had covered the cake w/ saran wrap and some of the ganache had come off w/ the wrap and she wanted to hide the bare spots. I told her the only thing I had was a few roses in the freezer. So I grab them, and a bag of green icing I had just used to make a girl scout cake and drove over there. Firstly, I couldn't beleive she was going to serve a cake she had already cut, but "A few bare spots" was an understatement - practically the whole top edge was gone! There was no way 6 buttercream roses was going to fix this! So i started slicing the cake, using the best pieces i could find. Got six good slices plated, then I threw a rose on each bare spot and piped large green leaves and vines. Wiped up, grabbed my bag & tips and got out of there before the guests arrived! I told her I didnt' want my reputation associated with this one - LOL! I told my son we had just done a drive-by caking!

6 replies
heychele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heychele Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 1:32am
post #2 of 7

How funny, and my husband wonders why I keep extra buttercream roses in the freezer!

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 1:34am
post #3 of 7

LOL!

Sounds like you did great and it sounds like you're a great daughter!!!!!

I guess you went so fast you didn't have time to take a pic of your "recreated cake "

DoubleODanish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoubleODanish Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 1:34am
post #4 of 7

Hysterical! icon_lol.gif

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 1:36am
post #5 of 7

The people are gonna love it! That' funny! icon_smile.gif

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 1:53am
post #6 of 7

Hah! Life on the run! Love it.

martinez73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martinez73 Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 2:03am
post #7 of 7

It's amazing what we can do sometimes...Good job!!!!! They'll never know.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%