Magic Line Pan Question

Decorating By Hippiemama Updated 13 May 2007 , 7:59pm by leily

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 13 May 2007 , 3:08pm
post #1 of 9

I bought my first Magic Line pan last week. I am really looking forward to using it. But here is my question - Is there a handy reference chart showing the amount of batter for the different Magic Line sizes like the Wilton one?

Thanks!

8 replies
Granpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Granpam Posted 13 May 2007 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 9

Good question I bought my first pan yesterday and was wondering the same thing.

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 13 May 2007 , 3:20pm
post #3 of 9

The best bet is to fill the pan cup by cup of water till it is either 1/2 or 2/3 full and either mark the pan or put it on a piece of paper for rememberence. I believe that it is the same as wilton pans. At least that is the way I use it. It has worked out fine for me.

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 13 May 2007 , 3:27pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks!

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 13 May 2007 , 3:34pm
post #5 of 9

You're going to LOVE these pans!
And, like doescaketoo, I mark mine...hth.

Granpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Granpam Posted 13 May 2007 , 7:00pm
post #6 of 9

Thank you very much. I only bought a 6 inch one because I couldn't find a six inch square in Wilton. If I like it I will probably replace my 8's and 10's because it is so hard to get the square corners with them.

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 13 May 2007 , 7:43pm
post #7 of 9

you'll get nice sharp edges with magic line icon_smile.gif
and nice prices from cc!!!

albumangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
albumangel Posted 13 May 2007 , 7:52pm
post #8 of 9

I was shocked at the difference- baked a cake w some layers in wilton pans and some in magic line. Same batter, same batch in the oven, same everything, but when I took them out of the pans they looked like totally different cakes!!

The magic line pans cooked more evenly. The edges weren't overly browned and the corners were much sharper. I really couldn't believe the HUGE difference it made.

I'm a believer!! thumbs_up.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 13 May 2007 , 7:59pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippiemama

I bought my first pan last week. I am really looking forward to using it. But here is my question - Is there a handy reference chart showing the amount of batter for the different sizes like the Wilton one?

Thanks!

First off congratulations on buying your first magic line pan!! You are going to love it.

As for the reference chart. I still use wiltons. The sizes are very close to the same ML just has better corners and is heavier duty. However I bake all of my cakes at 325 and check after 25-30 mins and add 5-10 mins on at a time. I also use the cooking time on the wilton chart as a guidline, but Every cake is different.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%