Anybody Else Make There Own Mothers Day Cake?

Decorating By heather2780 Updated 13 May 2007 , 4:51pm by shalderman

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 13 May 2007 , 5:01am
post #1 of 7

So I thought I would post pics of the mothers day cake I made for myslef today after all when your kids are young its more about them getting to celebrate the day and I refuse to buy a cake when I can make one myslef. so I just did this simple one and I have to say it was nice to just do something that brings me back to my roots in cake decorating just pretty and simple without having to worry about impressing anyone and as simple as it is its probably one of my favorites in a long while. so please take a look and post pics of yours as well.
LL
LL

6 replies
Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 13 May 2007 , 5:55am
post #2 of 7

It's a very nice cake that you made for yourself. I have made my own mother's day and birthday cakes many times in the past. At least I know they taste good.

Michele

luvmygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmygirl Posted 13 May 2007 , 2:48pm
post #3 of 7

Yes- I also made my own cake- My family is also coming over but I always make my own cakes-

I don't mind- I need the practice and as you said- it will sure taste good!

Happy Mother's Day

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 13 May 2007 , 3:46pm
post #4 of 7

HI,

I make my own cakes, mostly because my kids (13 and 19) don't seem to have the time nor the inclination icon_cry.gif

I made myself the giant ding dong cake for Mother's Day!

Have a great Mom's Day all!

Toni Ann

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 13 May 2007 , 3:47pm
post #5 of 7

That's what I am doing today for fun! Cakes are in the fridge defrosted and all me and my little girl are gonna do, is decorate! Jen

vitomiriam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitomiriam Posted 13 May 2007 , 4:25pm
post #6 of 7

I made the cake for our Mother's Day gathering at my Mom's. I made many mistakes with this one, but I am new at this and have lots to learn.

shalderman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shalderman Posted 13 May 2007 , 4:51pm
post #7 of 7

Beautiful cake! I agree ~ nice to do something just for yourself/family & what you want! I think it turned out perfect.

I pretty much made my own cake too...I really really wanted to make one but since I'm doing course 3 right now I wasn't planning to make one cause Mon I'll have another cake coming home. But then we had our IL's over so I decided to make it! I was so glad icon_biggrin.gif I just put it in my files but I'll post here - nothing original but one I saw in my course 2 book and loved so much and wanted a chance to make...

Steph
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%