What Are Different Ways To Construct A Bassinet?

Decorating By ThatsHowTcakesRolls Updated 13 May 2007 , 2:01pm by ThatsHowTcakesRolls

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 12 May 2007 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 5

I'm just curious to see how different people do bassinet cakes. I have only had 1 order for a bassinet cake and I didn't have a very good time of it. I used a White Cake box and then cut it into the shape of the pull up shade and went over it with a basket weave. It looked great at first but after a while the grease from the icing distorted the shape and it didnt' look like a shade anymore...

I'd be curious to hear how others do this...

4 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 13 May 2007 , 12:44am
post #2 of 5

I made one with the small oval pan set - and then put that on a 9x13 sheet cake. I made the "hood" with ONE of the sports ball pan halves, and cut it to fit the ovals. I then doweled them. I iced the oval and the hood in basket weave, added a ruffle around the top edge and then made a blanet out of pink fondant that layed over the top. I have one pic of it, and it is not very good.

designsbydelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
designsbydelights Posted 13 May 2007 , 8:33am
post #3 of 5

Mine is a twist on the bassinet - it's a buggy. This was in one of the old Wilton yearbooks. I've been making it for years and tweeked it to make it easier for me. I use 9x13, 11x15 and 18x12 (feeds close to 100) double layer cakes.
LL

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 13 May 2007 , 11:44am
post #4 of 5

That is adorable!!

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 13 May 2007 , 2:01pm
post #5 of 5

I love it!! That's beautiful - Thanks for all the tips...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%