My Cakes For The Cake Walk

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 15 May 2007 , 11:07am by FatAndHappy

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 12 May 2007 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 20

Here they are some are 6" some are 5", double layer vanilla, with cookies and cream filling. They were given away as the prize or the cake walk.
LL

19 replies
NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 12 May 2007 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 20

They look beautiful and sounds yummy! I bet they were quite happy to win one of those.

msladybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msladybug Posted 12 May 2007 , 2:39pm
post #3 of 20

they are beautiful. I just recently made a cookies and cream cake and it was so yummy.

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 12 May 2007 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 20

They are beautiful! Watch out - cookies and cream is one of biggest sellers! Better buy those Oreos in bulk!!!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 12 May 2007 , 3:01pm
post #5 of 20

Really bright and cute, every one of them.

notjustcake Posted 12 May 2007 , 3:04pm
post #6 of 20

I already have people asking or cookies and cream but how do you buy them in bulk, they are expensive!!!!

I forgot to mention the black and white cake said MOM I tried to make them or women so they could use on Sunday if they wanted to but the refrigerator dripped water on the mom so it looks like a splash, man it was so much fun but learned so much!

notjustcake Posted 12 May 2007 , 3:11pm
post #7 of 20

You can see the close ups in my photos if you like

jeffer01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeffer01 Posted 12 May 2007 , 3:17pm
post #8 of 20

I would be thrilled to win one of your cakes! You did a great job and I want to hear all about cookies and cream. I have read a few posts, but have yet to make anything cookies and cream.
I will have to buy some Oreos today!!!

notjustcake Posted 12 May 2007 , 3:47pm
post #9 of 20

I used pastry pride and crushed Oreos and folded them into the the whipped pastry pride delicious!!!! perreft with vanilla I think but it is also very good with chocolate cake I love the combination it gives with the buttercream! Heaven!

jeffer01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeffer01 Posted 12 May 2007 , 10:07pm
post #10 of 20

Cool! Went and bought some Oreos this afternoon and will be making this weekend! icon_biggrin.gif

brooke208 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brooke208 Posted 12 May 2007 , 11:44pm
post #11 of 20

Those cakes are beautiful. I wish I was in that cake walk!

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 12 May 2007 , 11:47pm
post #12 of 20

What is a cake walk?

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 12 May 2007 , 11:58pm
post #13 of 20

Well, I would be beside myself if I won one!! Especially the big one on the end with the red bow!! They are very pretty!!!

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 13 May 2007 , 12:08am
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Quote:

What is a cake walk?

Well, you are sure missing out. We always had a cake walk at our school carnivals growing up. Basically, you would buy a ticket, and everyone would stand in a circle and when the music starts you all walk around, there are little circles or something on the floor, some marked winner and when the music stops whoever is on the winner circle wins a cake. We never had any as beautiful as those, though!

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 13 May 2007 , 12:12am
post #15 of 20

your cakes are AWESOME! They are so lucky to have you involved! Great job!

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 13 May 2007 , 12:13am
post #16 of 20

icingandsprinkles: Those are beautiful! Much nicer than anything I've ever seen at a cake walk.

I have a couple questions for you...I am doing a wedding in Sept and the centerpieces are all going to be my cakes...I'm doing 20 -6inch (2 layer) rounds. I was wondering how long it took you to do the ones you did?

Also, I'm worried the 6 inch will look too small on the table. They are going to have the cakes on cake stands and there will be candles, sand, sand dollars, etc on the table around the cakes. I've made a 6 inch on it's own....always as a tier...so just wondering what your thought was since you have so many 6 inch cakes there.

TIA. Jodie

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 13 May 2007 , 12:29am
post #17 of 20

Wonderful job! Those lucky winners!!!!

cakefanatic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefanatic Posted 13 May 2007 , 12:45am
post #18 of 20

This cake walk sounds fun ! Question for you where do you buy the pastry pride at ? That's all you do is crush the oreo's and mix them up?\\Thanks, CF

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 13 May 2007 , 12:46am
post #19 of 20

Wish I was at your cake walk. They all look great. To answer where to buy bulk cookies try Sam's or Costco. They have them there. I know that they were delesious tasting.

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 15 May 2007 , 11:07am
post #20 of 20

Yes - I get mine at Sam's club!

I don't know how other make their cookies and cream filling - but I just put the cookies through the food processor, then add them to my regular buttercream icing. Its a terrible grey color - but man-o-man it is GOOD!
icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%