I Can't Beleive It!!

Decorating By asul Updated 14 May 2007 , 7:39pm by asul

asul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asul Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:09am
post #1 of 9

I had a cake due today , and I confused the dates icon_cry.gif . My friend asked me for two cakes last week.One was for this Friday and one for next Saturday and I totally confused the days .I feel so so so horrible this had never happened before. I let my friend down and the other lady who was expecting the cake. I feel worse because my friend is always bragging to everybody how good my cakes are ,and she's always reccomending me. This was also very embarrising icon_redface.gif So I offered her some cupcakes for her son's class on Monday for free or a discount on her next order. I just feel so bad for this lady and her little boy. I feel like cryng , icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif (Sorry for the rambling but I just had to vent)

8 replies
CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:17am
post #2 of 9

So sorry this happened to you....do you keep a big calendar up in your kitchen with all your cake info on it. That would be my suggestion so this doesn't happen again. It will be ok....

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 12 May 2007 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 9

OMG, I am soooo sorry. Did she appear mad or very understanding? At this point there is nothing you can do. Offering free cupcakes was a great idea.

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 12 May 2007 , 2:35pm
post #4 of 9

HUGS!!!! Cause you need one! Mistakes happen, we all make em. But how we handle ourselves after we make the mistake says a lot about us! And I would say you handled yourself perfectly by apologizing and trying to amend it! Jen

Ps. Totally agree with the calendar idea=) If I don't write myself notes, it won't get done lol=)

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 12 May 2007 , 2:40pm
post #5 of 9

I have always kept my orders on the kitchen cabinets. That way I don't forget. It looks messy in the kitchen but it works for me. Hoping you don't lose a friend or client over this.

Housemouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Housemouse Posted 12 May 2007 , 2:58pm
post #6 of 9

As so many of spend so much time on CC I wonder if we couldn't persuade Heath to somehow add on our own 'diary/orders' page that we could input relevant info into and which caused a message to flash on the screen in advance of the date/on the day when we logged on - it could say something like... 'Helloooo???? Don't you have something else you should be doing..... a wedding cake?? Okay, that's a childish suggestion but I know that I get on CC and all else goes right out the window.

Sorry Asul, I wasn't implying that spending too much time on CC was the problem here... I once received confirmation of a cake order for an 80th birthday, only I didn't read my emails properly - I'd been told what cake was to be made of - but only twigged I had a problem when I phoned to say I hadn't heard anything re the cake type and did she still want me to make it.. Oops

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 12 May 2007 , 2:59pm
post #7 of 9

So sorry that happened. I'm sure the lady understands you are human!

I use colored index cards with all the info - use fun tack to stick it to the cabinet, plus a large calender to keep track. The cards are nice to just throw into a recipe box and file them later.

Hope it all works out!!! You cakes are very nice! icon_smile.gif

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 12 May 2007 , 3:15pm
post #8 of 9

My biggest fear is to forget an order (almost happened once, got to bake the cake in the morning to deliver it in the afternoon...) So I write everything in my agenda that I keep on my counter, and I have one calendar, with the orders written on it AND I also have an eraseable board on my wall to write things on it too. Believe, if I forget something then, I'm ready to quit my job! icon_lol.gif
Maybe one calendar would be enough...

asul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asul Posted 14 May 2007 , 7:39pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks everybody for you support. And thanks for the idea of the calendar. I usually write down everything I have to do on it . I guess it never ocurred to me the cake orders could be one thing that could also be included in the calendar.
Thanks to all of you again icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%