Whip'n Ice

Decorating By greenhorn Updated 10 Jun 2006 , 2:00am by Loucinda

greenhorn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greenhorn Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 13

I saw this product at the local cake decorating store and thought it looked too good to be true. It looks like it is a whipped cream icing...Has anyone ever tried it? Can you decorate with it? Can you color it? The carton doesn't say.

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

12 replies
greenhorn Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 12:53am
post #2 of 13

I'll try this again...has anyone ever tried this product?

rhondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhondie Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 1:00am
post #3 of 13

Do you know the product name? When you saw it was it refrigerated? Tell us what it says on the carton. Maybe this will jog somebodys memory. Sorry I can't help. -rhondie

greenhorn Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 1:28am
post #4 of 13

The carton looks like a half gallon milk carton. The product is called "Whip 'n Ice". It was frozen and to use it, you thaw it and whip it like you would whipping cream. It supposedly is good on refrigerated cakes for 7 days. The pictures on the outside of the freezer showed completely decorated cakes that were beautiful. It was about $11 for the half gallon.

tgirl22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tgirl22 Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 1:30am
post #5 of 13

Never heard of it, but here's a bump! GL

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 1:32am
post #6 of 13

Here's a link to info about whip 'n ice.
http://www.instantwhip.com/whipnice.asp

greenhorn Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 1:34am
post #7 of 13

tgirl what is a bump?

Thanks rezzycakes for the web site...I'll check it out!

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 2:03am
post #8 of 13

greenhorn - where in OH are you?
I live in the Cleveland area and have never seen this product.

Let us know if you try it.

greenhorn Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 10:11am
post #9 of 13

I have the carton thawing in my freezer now. As soon as I get home from work this evening, everything will be on hold until I play with it!

cakesby cathy--I'm in Columbus. I found it at a local cake supply store.

NanaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaD Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 10:22am
post #10 of 13

Let us know if it works and if you can decorate with it.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 9:31pm
post #11 of 13

I saw it a couple of weeks ago and got to sample it too. My husband loved it, I on the other hand did not really care for it. It is supposed to be room temperature stable for 5 days and if refrigerated, 7 days. It has the texture of a stabilized whipped cream IMO.....and kind of an odd mouth feel to it. She had iced a cake and did have some roses (although they looked very soft) on the cake she had made. It was in a freezer case though, so I could not tell how well it would hold unrefrigerated. She was selling the 1/2 gallon size cartons for $8. when we were there. (Cake Craft in Columbus)

greenhorn Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 11:52pm
post #12 of 13

That's where I bought it...only I paid $10.99 for my half gallon! We just sampled the cake. It's much better on the cake than alone. I made some decorations and left them out for a couple hours. They held up very well, but never actually dried.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 10 Jun 2006 , 2:00am
post #13 of 13

We tried it on a cake sample also ( a new mix she was trying out from one of her suppliers - add only water - DID NOT like that at all) Neither my DH or I liked that cake, but he really liked the icing! thanks for the trial run on it - keep us posted on how it does. Sounds like she raised the price on it from when we were there! I though $8. sounded kind of cheap for as much as it makes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%