Help Super Quick Please!!!

Baking By Eliruthy Updated 8 Jun 2006 , 7:15am by Eliruthy

Eliruthy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliruthy Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 5:55am
post #1 of 5

How much meringue powder per cake mix???? How much for buttercream and when/how much do you add?????????

4 replies
mushbug9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mushbug9 Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 6:05am
post #2 of 5

1 tbsp in a cake mix when you out in the dry mix.

In buttercream, it depends on how much and what recipe you are making. Wilton's BC is 1 tbsp for a batchwhuch uses 1 lb of sugar, so if you are making a basic BC, 1tbsp for each 1lb of sugar, I would think that is good. Different recipes take different amounts though. The whipped BC 2 bowl uses 3 tbsp, the whipped BC one bowl uses 1/4 cup. Good Luck.

Eliruthy Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 6:20am
post #3 of 5

Thanks!!!
WEll, i have dial up here and my stuff was in the mixing bowl so i added two teaspoons of meringue powder hoping i was close but not too much===now i know 1 tblspn. The icing----i made the Wilton: 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup crisco, 4 cups powdered sugar, flavorings recipe and multiplied it by 8 icon_surprised.gif So, its DONE and in the fridge---i'm not sure how much i would add or if its too late, i'm assuming it is. Does it change the taste?????

Eliruthy Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 6:32am
post #4 of 5

Thanks!!!
WEll, i have dial up here and my stuff was in the mixing bowl so i added two teaspoons of meringue powder hoping i was close but not too much===now i know 1 tblspn. The icing----i made the Wilton: 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup crisco, 4 cups powdered sugar, flavorings recipe and multiplied it by 8 icon_surprised.gif So, its DONE and in the fridge---i'm not sure how much i would add or if its too late, i'm assuming it is. Does it change the taste?????

Eliruthy Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 7:15am
post #5 of 5

Thanks!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%