Mmf ... Sticky 1St Experience

Decorating By petitesweet Updated 10 Jun 2006 , 4:32pm by adven68

petitesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitesweet Posted 7 Jun 2006 , 9:52pm
post #1 of 7

Just to let everyone know 60 seconds is very different than 60 minutes. About 3 minutes into nooking my marshmallows I realize that the microwave is still running and it's all running over. Oh what a mess!!! Anyway, I pour the bubbling brew into my mixer bowl, gooping up everything in the process. In the end, it actually worked!!! I couldn't believe how goof proof the MMF can be! I mean if I can do it anyone can. I really enjoyed working with it and hope to have a better experience next time. Hope you all have a less sticky day!

6 replies
fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 10 Jun 2006 , 1:22pm
post #2 of 7

Don't ya just love this stuff? I made my first batch a couple weeks ago. It's awesome for cookies!

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 10 Jun 2006 , 1:26pm
post #3 of 7

I made my first batch last week, too! I love that it tastes better than the Wilton stuff and is so easy and inexpensive to make. Where do you store your left-over MMF?? I have a big blue blob left and I hope I use it soon!!

Angie

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 10 Jun 2006 , 1:44pm
post #4 of 7

Angie....hi there...I wrap it up really really with saran wrap....sometimes 2 layers and then into a ziploc bag...in the cupboard. It lasts indefinately. You can also icon_smile.gif freeze it....or use your vacuum-sealer to really wrap it well.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 10 Jun 2006 , 1:52pm
post #5 of 7

I haven't tried using it to cover a cake yet, but I have used it for modeling and accents. LOVE IT! I usually add a little orange extract and really like the taste of it. I haven't attempted a bow. I seen many people on here who don't like it for bows because it is too soft and takes too long to dry. I want to try it. I'm wondering if I add gumpaste if that would help?

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 10 Jun 2006 , 1:58pm
post #6 of 7

I love mmf too I cant believe how easy it is to work with especially on cookies - No more icing dripping over the edge! All of my guinea pigs ( aka co-workers) like the way it tastes too!

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 10 Jun 2006 , 4:32pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Price

I haven't attempted a bow. I seen many people on here who don't like it for bows because it is too soft and takes too long to dry. I want to try it. I'm wondering if I add gumpaste if that would help?

I keep a can of Gum-tex in front of me when I work and I dip every small piece of fondant in it before I sculpt it. It works great...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%