Next Cake Contest?

Decorating By bthasns Updated 20 Aug 2007 , 3:58pm by mjulian

bthasns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bthasns Posted 9 May 2007 , 12:52am
post #1 of 11

When will the next contest start and does anyone know the theme? Will it be for Mothers Day or something else? Just curious!
Thanks!

10 replies
cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 9 May 2007 , 1:57am
post #2 of 11

hmm got me curious now too. icon_smile.gif

kandio63 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandio63 Posted 9 May 2007 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 11

Great question. I would like to know also. Maybe it will be graduation.

Sunspotalli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunspotalli Posted 15 May 2007 , 11:26pm
post #4 of 11

I'd love to know too, not that I'd ever win anything but it would be totally fun to enter.

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 10:26pm
post #5 of 11

It's too late for Father's Day, maybe a summer one would be neat.

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 5:34am
post #6 of 11

we cannot run another contest until the current bugs are resolved. If we try to run a contest under the current situation we cannot be confident the results will be accurate.

JennySeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennySeal Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 4:48pm
post #7 of 11

I'm new to this site and would love to enter! Hope it's soon... need 'reasons' to make cake!! icon_lol.gif

baka4lyfe20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baka4lyfe20 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 5:08pm
post #8 of 11

So, I'm pretty new to this site and I'm seeing a lot about contests. Can someone explain how they work? I think it would be a fun challenge for me to enter one. Thanks

aiden2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aiden2007 Posted 22 Jun 2007 , 5:33pm
post #9 of 11

t would also like to know when the next contest is icon_rolleyes.gif

socake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
socake Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 11:09am
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by baka4lyfe20

So, I'm pretty new to this site and I'm seeing a lot about contests. Can someone explain how they work? I think it would be a fun challenge for me to enter one. Thanks

Heath and Jackie announce the theme of the contests in the newsletters they send out and it also appears on the left hand side of the screen neer "my account". For example one of the previous themes was Nature so If you have a cake or want to make a cake that fits the theme of nature you would upload a photo of your cake into the gallery under the contest section. photos have to be uploaded before the cut off date listed in the rules, after the cut off Heath and jackie change the gallery so that all the CC members can then go through and give the picture a vote. 1star = 1 point, 2 stars = 2 points etc.. up to 5 stars. when the voting period is over the total amount of stars (points) is added up and the cake with the most points is the winner.

I am sure that Heath and Jackie have been working hard on upgrading the galleries for us and as soon as they can confidently run a fair contest with no "bugs" they will announce the theme and we can all enter!!!

Oh....Welcome to CC! icon_smile.gif

mjulian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjulian Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 3:58pm
post #11 of 11

I can't wait for a new one. I hope the bugs die soon!! This will be my first and I think I am going to do what ever Theme is giving so it a major challenge for me.

CAN'T WAIT!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%