Do You Ever Fill Your Cake With Just Bc?

Decorating By whaley_s Updated 8 May 2007 , 8:42pm by indydebi

whaley_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whaley_s Posted 8 May 2007 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 15

When I was doing my wiltons classes I would fill my cakes with just BC. I'm doing my first paid cake this weekend, and she's just specified that she wants a vanilla cake with chocolate icing, and a chocolate cake with vanilla icing. No fillings...

I'm doing it VERY cheap ($85 for two cakes, one sheet, and one 3D pirate ship) so I was just thinking about filling it with the BC I use to ice it... Just wondering if anyone does this!? Thanks!

14 replies
suzmazza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzmazza Posted 8 May 2007 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 15

Absolutely! In fact, most of my customers don't want filling. They want the most icing as possible! (or they dont want to pay for filling) I'm sure there are people who do strictly fillings, but I will tell you, its much cheaper to do all buttercream/icing as your filling!

Andicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andicake Posted 8 May 2007 , 7:59pm
post #3 of 15

I have never filled with anything BUT bc! I have never had anyone ask for anything else and I haven't decided to venture that far LOL

sweetness11379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness11379 Posted 8 May 2007 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 15

I just started using filling myself but up until a couple months ago I only used BC to fill all my cakes. I actually prefer it. Its cheaper, less work... but I prefer the taste of a cake with fillings so now I have to offer it icon_smile.gif

PaulaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PaulaT Posted 8 May 2007 , 8:06pm
post #5 of 15

Hi,
Sure do - lots of times. Buttercream is "heavenly" and sometimes too many different tastes gets to be too much. Just quoted a wedding cake with traditional b/c and b/c/ filling since the bride is doing a pastry table and didn't want a lot of different flavors confusing everyone. HTH
icon_wink.gif

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 8 May 2007 , 8:12pm
post #6 of 15

I just use bc in cakes that I plan on sculpting cause I had a heck of a time keeping a scrulpted cake from sliding around!!! I add flavoring to the buttercream if they want. Use filling in everything else.

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 8 May 2007 , 8:12pm
post #7 of 15

before joining this group, I had never heard of filling a cake. I always used buttercream in between layers. I never considered that a filling, it was just what "glued" the two layers together icon_eek.gif
I still haven't tried filling a cake.

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 8 May 2007 , 8:13pm
post #8 of 15

Sure do!

gunnersgirl5578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gunnersgirl5578 Posted 8 May 2007 , 8:15pm
post #9 of 15

Hi!
Up until just recently, I only used b/c. Now I will sometimes mix a little b/c with a little cream cheese, and strawberries, or pineapple. My customers seem to really like it! But it really is so much easier to just use buttercream.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 8 May 2007 , 8:18pm
post #10 of 15

I use it as standard unless something else is requested, it rarely is!

leaisagary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leaisagary Posted 8 May 2007 , 8:24pm
post #11 of 15

i recently started to try fillings just to try to be more fancy. lol! but usually buttercream is what i use also.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 8 May 2007 , 8:29pm
post #12 of 15

If my customers don't specify a filling, I just use buttercream.

divaricks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divaricks Posted 8 May 2007 , 8:29pm
post #13 of 15

I have found especially that when a cake is for a child, they are most interested in the icing so parents hardly ever request fillings - I fill with BC all the time!

Lauree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lauree Posted 8 May 2007 , 8:40pm
post #14 of 15

BC is my standard unless someone requests something else. They always love it plus it's alot easier on me! icon_lol.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 May 2007 , 8:42pm
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by awolf24

Sure do!

all the time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%