Sugar Cookies Icing Recipe Question

Baking By tonyab Updated 9 May 2007 , 5:31am by dandelion

tonyab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonyab Posted 8 May 2007 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 5

I was just asked today to make 50 sugar cookies for a baby shower... Does anyone have a recipe they would be willing to share that they love?! Thanks everyone. I havent made cookies yet, just cakes so any help would be great!

4 replies
cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 8 May 2007 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 5

No Fail Sugar Cookies form this site. I tweak the flavor though- I add 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 almond and 1/2 orange. Have fun!!

cookiecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiecreations Posted 8 May 2007 , 10:56pm
post #3 of 5

For cookie icing try Antonia74's royal icing recipe. It's posted in the recipe section. There are also recipes posted for RBC and MMF.

mom2c-m Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2c-m Posted 9 May 2007 , 5:13am
post #4 of 5

I like Alice's Cookie Icing
Alice's Cookie Icing
Serves/Yields:
Prep. Time:
Cook Time:
Category: Frostings
Difficulty: Easy
Introduction
This tastes wonderful. Hardens so you can stack or bag the cookies, but is still soft to bite into.
Ingredients
1# sifted powdered sugar (1 pound equals 4 cups)
3 TBSP. meringue powder
5-6 TBSP water for a thin consistency
1/2 cup butter
Directions
Cream butter, add sugar & meringue powder, then add water. For a stiff consistency to make a dam on the cookies, I beat in 2-3T of water first, remove some icing for stiff consistency, then add more water until it is very thin & flows like color flow.

I also like Penny's cookie recipe (from texasmonthly.com)

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 9 May 2007 , 5:31am
post #5 of 5

i find that by subbing 1/4 cup of shortening for 1/4 cup of butter in the alice's cookie icing recipe helps the icing to harden better. last time i made it i flavored it with a bit of lime juice. yum! ohyea, i find that the consistancy of alice's cookie icing is more like a stiff buttercream than colorflow..never tried thinning it down that much, afraid that it won't set up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%