Has Anyone Heard Of A Donut Stand?

Decorating By lastingmoments Updated 14 May 2005 , 9:26pm by ntertayneme

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 12 May 2005 , 9:51pm
post #1 of 13

One of my brides wanted to do a grooms cake made entirely out of donuts.
she said that she had seen in a book....that the stand can hold about 500 donuts....Ive never seen or hear of such a thing? supposedly It helps tier them like the brides cake.
She cant seem to find the book and doesnt know the name of it either so ...thats where my problem comes in...
I suggested using the regularstands and just stacking she does not like that......hmmmmmmm
what can I say....its her wedding.....
All I kow about donuts and weeing cakes is that the first wedding cakes were not cakes at all they where donut trays. I found this in a wedding ettique book!

You see Im getting desperate...Im running out of ideas.

Any imput would really be appreciated !!

12 replies
cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 12 May 2005 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 13

cupcaketree.com

Why do you use a cupcake stand that would work just fine. The trick would be stacking them.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 12 May 2005 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 13

I googled it...and got only things about places the sell donuts....after the 11th page of hte same stuff I gave up going through the rest of the pages..I kinda have to go along with cakeconfections on the cupcake stand, that would be your best bet. Your hands are kinda tied since she has nothing to show you...all you can do is do your best.

KarenOR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 12 May 2005 , 11:06pm
post #6 of 13

You could also try contacting Krispy Kreme to find out more.

KarenOR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarenOR Posted 12 May 2005 , 11:10pm
post #7 of 13

Yep, it seems that KK is the one that has that stand. But, this one is nice without a stand...you can ask the bride.

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/04/17/Taste/Wedding_cake_couture.shtml

Lisa Posted 12 May 2005 , 11:14pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenOR

Yep, it seems that KK is the one that has that stand. But, this one is nice without a stand...you can ask the bride.

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/04/17/Taste/Wedding_cake_couture.shtml

I think it's just a cake stand. I really don't think there is such a thing as a donut stand. You just have to find the right cake stand to suit the bride's taste.

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 13 May 2005 , 5:50am
post #9 of 13

Thats pretty much what I was thinking....which is why I had suggested using the pillars and stand thats I sue for my cakes( so that i wouldnt have to buy anything else) But she was so sure that this was someting specially designed for donuts ....she did state that she found one but it only held 50-100 donuts so I thought maybe its a cake stand.
I figured that if anyone would know it would be all the brillant minds here at CC.

I personally love alot of the ones that I saw in this thread .....Ill show her and see if this rings a bell.

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 13 May 2005 , 12:06pm
post #10 of 13

What about the cakes stand that has the stacking right up the middle...you wouldn't see it at all because it would be covered by the layering of the donuts.... that's what I'd use..
Good luck.
cakegal

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 13 May 2005 , 2:37pm
post #11 of 13

Just something to think about--I was watching this wedding show on TLC a few months ago. They tried to do a doughnut wedding cake and it was a nightmare to assemble and then keep stacked. I was laughing--wondering why anyone would want a doughnut cake in the first place.

However--since you have a very real-life situation that's not on TV--you may want to consider using royal or bc to "glue" the doughnuts together. It would be just awful if the entire thing kept falling apart like theirs did.

I don't know--it so reminds me of a stack of cards.

Good luck and I can't wait to see a pic.

Lisa

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 14 May 2005 , 8:39pm
post #12 of 13

I am totally amazed to see someone has come up with donut cakes too.... man oh man!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 14 May 2005 , 9:26pm
post #13 of 13

I wonder if you could use the Wilton tall cake stand; the one with the center core and just stack the donuts on it ... maybe putting some kinda flowers in each tier.. not sure how the bride wants it decorated, but you could do a lotta different stuff really ...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%