Chargeing For Round Cakes

Decorating By GLORIA2005 Updated 13 May 2005 , 12:20pm by cakegal

GLORIA2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GLORIA2005 Posted 12 May 2005 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 5

some order a 10 inch round cake how much should I charge for round cakes like size 12 inch and 14 and 16 and 18 inch pan

4 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 12 May 2005 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLORIA2005

some order a 10 inch round cake how much should I charge for round cakes like size 12 inch and 14 and 16 and 18 inch pan

YOU need to fined out what your cost is for what ever cake your going to make and then you need to charge by that you do a mark up of what everything that you used for this cake cost you .. YOU need to make a Price Matrix in a spreed sheet so you know what to charge and then deside what your mark up is going to be from there...

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 12 May 2005 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 5

I agree--it really depends on how much $$ you have to put into a cake, the time, energy , etc., all need to play a role. The different fillings and icings play a role. The "extras" like cake boards and hardware need to play a role.

I went to the store and actually got the prices of everything I need to make a cake. I figured out how much each item was per Tbl, t., cup, etc., and made a pricing matrix from there.

It's really not all that hard to do. I just wrote down a list of everything I used and then when I was on my regular shopping trip--I jotted down the prices. I took them home and did the figuring.

Now--if someone orders a cake--all I have to do is look at my sheet and I know how much to charge.

Lisa

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 12 May 2005 , 9:25pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by llj68

I agree--it really depends on how much $$ you have to put into a cake, the time, energy , etc., all need to play a role. The different fillings and icings play a role. The "extras" like cake boards and hardware need to play a role.

I went to the store and actually got the prices of everything I need to make a cake. I figured out how much each item was per Tbl, t., cup, etc., and made a pricing matrix from there.

It's really not all that hard to do. I just wrote down a list of everything I used and then when I was on my regular shopping trip--I jotted down the prices. I took them home and did the figuring.

Now--if someone orders a cake--all I have to do is look at my sheet and I know how much to charge.

Lisa

Dont for get your parchment bags and your toothpicks and colors and paper towels Everything you would use when making a cake the spray ect...

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 13 May 2005 , 12:20pm
post #5 of 5

That's a good idea.....
Also, the bigger the cake the longer it will take you to decorate it too...so allow for your time too.
Happy pricing,
cakegal

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%