Bizarro Cake Central!

Lounge By CakemanOH Updated 5 Jun 2006 , 5:26am by socake

CakemanOH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakemanOH Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 11:27pm
post #1 of 37

Does anyone remember Bizarro Superman where he was the exact opposite of the real superman. And do you remember Seinfield did a spin where there was a Bizarro Jerry, Kramer and George who were the exact opposite. Well I thought it would be funny to see some of your Bizarro Cake Central ideas. I will start:

Can anyone help please! I cannot get my cake to fall in the middle no matter what I try. It keeps coming out perfectly level! I am ready to quit!

My icing keeps coming out white and I am trying like heck to get it off white! What do I do. On top of that it is not even close to being sweet enough!!! icon_twisted.gif

LOL now you try! thumbs_up.gif

36 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 12:44am
post #2 of 37

..never heard of Bizarro but I'll give this a whirl...

LOL...I can't for the life of me get "pink" colored icing...I 've added Red Red and Christmas Red but it just won't turn pink!! Now...if I could just get it to stain the inside of my decorator bag!!

..is that the idea?

CakemanOH Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 2:03am
post #3 of 37

You got it. That's a good one. You are looking for the opposite of good.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 2:08am
post #4 of 37
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 2:21am
post #5 of 37

Funny!!! I came up with one but I don't think it was Bizarro LOL I'll keep thinking.

BTW LOL Doug...your avatar! I get it icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

CakemanOH Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 2:28am
post #6 of 37

Someone please help me with my MMF. It is not hard and cracking and I have added tons of Powdered sugar. Someone please tell me how to get this #$%^$% MMF to dry out!

Lisa Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 2:38am
post #7 of 37

Help! I don't have any crumbs in my icing. My icings really thick and I'm frosting it back and forth really hard. What else can I try?

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 4:41am
post #8 of 37

Ok let me have a shot at this...

I am trying to get those rough edges on my roses you know so they will look more like little cabbages. I have not added piping gel and my icing is so thick I am having to force it out of the bag but I keep getting smooth edges! icon_lol.gif

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 11:27am
post #9 of 37

MMMMMMMMMM........Wilton fondant.....YUM!!!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 11:39am
post #10 of 37

..how can I get those cute little air bubbles in my icing?

Doug Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 11:51am
post #11 of 37
Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 12:01pm
post #12 of 37

How can I get my filling to show in the icing? I tried putting more of it between layers, but just couldn't show? help!!

Lorris
love this thread, I get cramps for too much laughing icon_lol.gif

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 12:57pm
post #13 of 37

Please help!!! I've tried and tried and tried - How do you get the wrinkles on the sides of the cake when you cover it with MMF?!? I've tried having the MMF too thick and I've even tried bunching it up, but it's still so SMOOTH!!!!! I'm ready to throw the cake out the window!!

LOL!!! You guys are hilarious!

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 1:45pm
post #14 of 37

HELP!! I am making royal Icing & I added Crisco to it & its getting hard. How do I make it soft? icon_lol.gif

Rodneyck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rodneyck Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 2:05pm
post #15 of 37

My customers keep paying me before delivery, SON OF A CAKE!!!

I tell them not to pay or make up some elaborate lie, like you forgot your checkbook, but no, there it is, the money. I give up.

Rodneyck Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 2:08pm
post #16 of 37

Sorry, I thought of another one. Are we allowed only one in bizarro world? icon_biggrin.gif

I am going to post everyday on CakeCentral and ask, "What is the worst buttercream?"

I crack myself up... icon_lol.gif

CakemanOH Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 6:19pm
post #17 of 37

Can someone send me a list of poisonous flowers. I am doing a wedding cake this week and want to cascade them down the side.

NEWTODECORATING Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 6:22pm
post #18 of 37

OOHHHHH I have one!

I am trying to get that really cool look of colors bleeding together. I have tried refrigerating/ freezing and bring to a 90 degree room with no success. What is a girl to do??

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 6:39pm
post #19 of 37

Ok I need serious help. icon_lol.gif I am doing my first topsy turvey cake & I can not get the cakes to seperate. I frosted them with buttercream & did not place dowels in them. I have tried setting them out in the sun (its 90 degrees here) & the will not come apart. I even tried driving around, with them in my back seat, the block a couple of times with no luck. Any suggestions? icon_lol.gif

(I really love this thread)

MainCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MainCake Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 6:54pm
post #20 of 37

Rodneyck - you crack me up too. "Son of a cake" icon_lol.gif

How about this:

It doesn't take me very long to clean up the kitchen after I make a cake. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to drag it out a bit? I mean, really, three minutes from start to finish just doesn't give me enough quality time with my sink. And those tips are a breeze to clean. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please help!

Lisa Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 7:44pm
post #21 of 37

Help I have cold hands!!!

Liis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liis Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 8:50pm
post #22 of 37

exellent thread thumbs_up.gif

my problem is the little fondant figures who always stay exactly as i put them. Why don't they turn into a Fat ballerinas or fat spidermans by the next day. icon_mad.gif and why some of them don't glue themselves on the plate thet it would be impossible to move them without breaking their legs?

Lisa Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 8:56pm
post #23 of 37

heehee icon_lol.gif

I have another "problem"

I can't get the kids to poke their fingers in my cakes. I've tried turning my back and putting the cake on a low table...nothing! My cakes just don't seem "finished" until there's at least one little finger-hole in the middle. Any advice?

Doug Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 9:03pm
post #24 of 37
Lisa Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 9:10pm
post #25 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa

heehee icon_lol.gif

I have another "problem"

I can't get the kids to poke their fingers in my cakes. I've tried turning my back and putting the cake on a low table...nothing! My cakes just don't seem "finished" until there's at least one little finger-hole in the middle. Any advice?

invite me over!

So now we're giving Bizzaro advice icon_lol.gif K...but you'll have to use your pinky.

NEWTODECORATING Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 10:19pm
post #26 of 37

I am making leaves with tip 67 and they keep coming out with this sharp point at the end. I want them to split in the middle with two tails! I have tried pushing the tip closed and am using thick icing. I just don't know what to do?

(I fear I maybe to good at this game)

Rodneyck Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 11:26pm
post #27 of 37

ROFL!!! (I had such a bad day and this thread really cracked me up, thanks everyone...OOOHhhh I feel another one coming on....)

I made the Barbie cake just like the mother wanted, a gap tooth smile, a beehive hairdo, a party dress with colors never found in nature and a prenuptial agreement in one hand and a torn picture of Ken in the other.

The little girl saw it and yelled Barbie wasn't ugly enough and started to scream! I was horrified.

Lisa Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 11:39pm
post #28 of 37

icon_lol.gif

ISO cake boards...

Mine are too sturdy. I think it's festive when a sheet cake has a little bounce to it as it's carried.

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 3 Jun 2006 , 1:45am
post #29 of 37

Help! My icing turned out BRIGHT WHITE....how do I get that lovely "off white" color?

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 3 Jun 2006 , 7:43am
post #30 of 37

Hi I need your help, my best friend is getting married tomorrow and she wants me to do a cake that looks just like the one on display at the grocery store. I can't seem to figure out how they do it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%