Need Advice

Decorating By zubia Updated 9 May 2007 , 4:19am by zubia

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 8 May 2007 , 3:35am
post #1 of 20

Thank you every one,Its hasn't been long since I joined this ,BUT oh my God,I have learned soooo much.Every one (my friends)keep asking me to start taking orders and make them cakes but I was too much of a chicken to jump in to it ,but now Iam really thinking about it.I am just going to start doing it for friends first ,so I can test the waters ,any advise????

19 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 8 May 2007 , 3:49am
post #2 of 20

Advice??????!!!!????

GO FOR IT!!!!!

Your cakes are gorgeousl You have nothing to fear. Don't underprice yourself! Practice, practice, practice and learn all you can. You have a fabulous cake career ahead of you! thumbs_up.gif

zubia Posted 8 May 2007 , 4:16am
post #3 of 20

Thank you for the advice ,and spell check ,lol.I really love doing this ,but I feel weired about asking money from friends.And I hate bargaing .Thatis the only thing that has kept me from doing it lot sooner.

Amberslilzoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amberslilzoo Posted 8 May 2007 , 4:32am
post #4 of 20

I agree... jump in head first! You will do great. How flattering and how absolutely awesome. I can't wait until someone asks me for a paid cake... goodluck icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 May 2007 , 4:47am
post #5 of 20

Holy Sugar Overload, Batman!! How can you feel shy and inhibited about this? Your work is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get out the cash register, girl!

kelleym Posted 8 May 2007 , 4:50am
post #6 of 20

Yeah, what she said....lol icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

And DON'T bargain. Your price is your price. You decide what you're worth, not them.

momof5kiki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof5kiki Posted 8 May 2007 , 12:49pm
post #7 of 20

I just looked at your work, and you are wonderful, I say go for it!

zubia Posted 8 May 2007 , 2:58pm
post #8 of 20

Thanks ,You all have encoraged me a lot.I'll keep you all posted with my adventures.

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 8 May 2007 , 3:09pm
post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleym

Yeah, what she said....lol icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

And DON'T bargain. Your price is your price. You decide what you're worth, not them.

you do very nice work, only complaint you don't have your comment dealy bob on so we can tell you how much we like it! icon_smile.gif

zubia Posted 8 May 2007 , 3:11pm
post #10 of 20

oh ,how do I do that ,I have no idea ,I thought it was automatic or some thing.

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 8 May 2007 , 3:14pm
post #11 of 20

go to my forum info, there is a box you check under prefrences. Don't mean to be pushy!!! It is not mandatory only if you would like to recieve comments.

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 8 May 2007 , 3:15pm
post #12 of 20

You're kidding, right?

I just looked at your cakes. They are so beautiful, what are you waiting for?

zubia Posted 8 May 2007 , 3:16pm
post #13 of 20

thanks I just did that .No I would love to see what people have to say,isn't it the reason to join to find out what other bakers and decorator have to say.LOL

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 8 May 2007 , 3:57pm
post #14 of 20

Your cakes are beautiful - go for it!

Maybe look into the laws in your area/state too.

Hey - PM kelleym, the cake boss co-owner. The cake program is AWESOME and very cheap, start early with your customers/fees etc.

Best of luck! icon_smile.gif

hazelina82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hazelina82 Posted 8 May 2007 , 3:58pm
post #15 of 20

Your cakes are very pretty. Do it!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 8 May 2007 , 3:59pm
post #16 of 20

Your cakes are beautiful, what are you waiting for? icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Michelle04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle04 Posted 8 May 2007 , 4:14pm
post #17 of 20

How do you find out what the laws are for your state? Is there a website? I was just wondering because I'm thinking about starting to decorate cakes on the side (I already have another job as well). I have no idea how to get started. I've heard about the cake boss program and I will look into getting. However, I figured I needed to take some other steps before starting things up. Any suggestions? I live in Oregon for those that also live here and might know the laws/rules.

kelleym Posted 8 May 2007 , 4:21pm
post #18 of 20

Michelle, check out this thread in the business forum!

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-32550.html

You are very lucky -- Oregon is one of the states that DOES allow home bakeries. Contact your Department of Agriculture for regulations. icon_smile.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 8 May 2007 , 9:53pm
post #19 of 20

You do lovely cakes. Go for it.

zubia Posted 9 May 2007 , 4:19am
post #20 of 20

Thanks kelleym,I checked regulatiosn for Kansas,I will need seperate kitchen.I 'll start with friends and family to test the waters and if I get positive response I can easily make a kitchen in garage or basement. Thanks agin every one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%