Which Is Better? Mailbox News Or American Cake Decorating?

Decorating By melodyscakes Updated 15 May 2005 , 1:42pm by mixaleena

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 12 May 2005 , 2:36am
post #1 of 12

i cant afford both, but would like to subscribe to one....which is better? i am an amature, but would like to become great.....one day
or do i just need to get them both???? icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif
thank you all
melody

11 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 12 May 2005 , 2:46am
post #2 of 12

I don't subscribe to MBN but I hear it focuses more on cakes and includes more instructions. ACD is about 50% ads...very light on info. Shows only a few cakes with instructions. I'd go with MBN.

melodyscakes Posted 12 May 2005 , 2:54am
post #3 of 12

thanks lisa!!!!! since money is limited.....i would like to get the one with more cake pictures and directions
melody

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 12 May 2005 , 2:59am
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyscakes

i cant afford both, but would like to subscribe to one....which is better? i am an amature, but would like to become great.....one day
or do i just need to get them both???? icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif
thank you all
melody

Since your say your an amature I think that the MBN would be better for you... They are both great... Order one now and put the other one on your christmas list... they are both worth having in there own ways....

cakes-r-us Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes-r-us Posted 12 May 2005 , 3:00am
post #5 of 12

Mail Box News is best. More cakes, recipes, instructions and inspirational ideas.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 12 May 2005 , 3:33am
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyscakes

thanks lisa!!!!! since money is limited.....i would like to get the one with more cake pictures and directions
melody

You're welcome! I agree with Ladycake too. ACD is worth having. The cakes it does show are incredible! Plus they keep you up to date on all the new cake toys icon_lol.gif

Newbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newbie Posted 12 May 2005 , 3:58am
post #7 of 12

You could order a recent back issue of each and see which you like, before committing to the subscription. (I say recent because ACD seems to have changed alot from the old back issues I have.) I am also a Newbie - I get both but I much prefer MBN for ideas. ACD seems more for professionals.

Have fun!

melodyscakes Posted 12 May 2005 , 4:03pm
post #8 of 12

icon_biggrin.gif thank you guys!!!! i think i will order a back issue of both, then decide....but i am leaning more towards mailbox news.
thanks again!
melody

melodyscakes Posted 12 May 2005 , 4:11pm
post #9 of 12

there is a special that if you order both ACD and MBN you can get a one year subscribtion for $45.00 sounds like alot of money....but its actually just a couple of cake sales, hahaha
melody

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 15 May 2005 , 1:23pm
post #10 of 12

I've never heard of Mail Box News?? I have the other mag. Not overly impressed with it.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 15 May 2005 , 1:33pm
post #11 of 12

I just subscribed to MBN and have subscribed to ACD now for a couple of years... ACD doesn't give very good instructiion for their cakes.. very heavy on the advertising... I'm anxious to get the MBN subscription in so I can compare the two of them icon_smile.gif

mixaleena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixaleena Posted 15 May 2005 , 1:42pm
post #12 of 12

Where do you find these MBN and ACD? I would like to look into it as well, but I did a search and couldn't find anything?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found them!

Mixee

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%