Baby Shower Cake And Cookies - Need Some Advice

Decorating By erinlynn22 Updated 1 Jun 2006 , 10:45pm by erinlynn22

erinlynn22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinlynn22 Posted 30 May 2006 , 10:30pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making a cake and a cookie bouquet for a baby shower on Saturday. I Have already made the cookeis and they are in the freezer. I still need to decorate the cookies, bake the cake, assemble and ice the cake.

What order shoudl I do it all in? I'm going to make a yellow 2 layer cake and i'm going to make 2 of the Bootie cakes that were on Martha to put on top of it.

Can I Ice the cookies today and put them in the fridge/freezer till saturday or can i just leave them out (wrapped in baggies) - i'm in NJ and its 80 and humid today?

Any advice will be appreciated, i'm working full time so i only have from the time I get home from work till when i crash (around 3 hrs a night).

Thanks, Erin

4 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 1:36pm
post #2 of 5

I'm in Jersey too........and I would definitely do the cookies asap!!! If you're using royal or something like it you're going to need to give them plenty of time to dry completely before bagging them! Once they're dry and wrapped in the baggies they should be fine.

MissJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissJ Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 2:08pm
post #3 of 5

I'm still pretty new to this so I can't give you much advice. But, I wanted to ask you, what booties are you doing that Martha did and if there are instructions or a link, would you please give it to me. Thanks thumbs_up.gif

CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 2:36pm
post #4 of 5

Hey Jersey Girls ---

If you do a search on the posts, I think some people were drying their cookies in the oven on super-low. Might help with all this humidity we're having!

erinlynn22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinlynn22 Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 10:45pm
post #5 of 5

Here is the link to the bootie cakes from martha.

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=recipe3650029&layout=martha

I did end up needing to put some of the cookies in the oven on a low temp to Dry them before I put the royal on. I'm going to be doing the booties tomorrow so wish me luck.

If only it would cool down this would be way better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%