Ideas For Confirmation Cake With Roses For Boy

Decorating By mushbug9 Updated 30 May 2006 , 7:46pm by ChrisJ

mushbug9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mushbug9 Posted 30 May 2006 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 4

I have a confirmation cake that I just had ordered for Sunday. It is for a boy. She really likes my cross cake (in my photo's) so she was thinking about a cake like that with it being a little less girly. She said the roses were fine but just not too much of them ect. I was thinking about using a blue/grey color to make those "sterling" roses. I was also thinking of not doing the vines or rosebuds, just the 6 roses forming the cross in the center. If I then used the same sterling color for the drop strings, and white shells on top and bottom for a border. SHould I add some cornelli in white like I have seen on some other crosses on here or would that make the whole thing too girly? Any other suggestions to have it be a little more boyish? Thanks. icon_smile.gif

3 replies
katiebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katiebug Posted 30 May 2006 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 4

I recently made this one for a boys confirmation..maybe it will give you some ideas. Just don't look to close at my roses...they started drooping on me icon_confused.gif I used some fondant ivy in with the roses,I think it made it a lil less girly.
LL

Katydidz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katydidz Posted 30 May 2006 , 6:23pm
post #3 of 4

Maybe instead of the shell border you could do a bead border to cut down on frills. Also maybe you could tint all the icing a pale blue and do the roses white. Then there would be no doubt it was a boy cake. Good luck!

ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 30 May 2006 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 4

I did the cross pan for my son's confirmation (he's 22). I used an ivory based icing with 2 different colors of chocolate for the roses. He loved it.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%