Can I Add Almond Extract To A Cake Mix??

Baking By peacockplace Updated 13 May 2011 , 2:16pm by infinitsky

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 11 May 2005 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 10

I read on here somewhere that someone uses almond extract in the bride's white cake so i tried it and the flavor was great, but a little more crumbs than I would like. I wanted to try to use almond in the recipe where you use a mix and pudding. Should I use a little of it in place of that much of the of the water? I was thinking of trying it with milk, but havn't used milk in this type of cake before... has anyone else? Does anyone else add flavoring to a mix when the only extra ingredient is pudding?

9 replies
LAA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LAA Posted 11 May 2005 , 5:57pm
post #2 of 10

You are asking the wrong person. I add almond to all white cakes, boxed or scratch (unless I know that the person I am baking for does not like almond). I have not had a crumb problem (knock on wood). Hope I did not jinx myself.

Lisa

tcrema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcrema Posted 11 May 2005 , 5:59pm
post #3 of 10

I've done it and it tasted YUMMY...didn't have a problem with crumbs though

peacockplace Posted 11 May 2005 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 10

do you add less liquid or just add extract to the entire recipe?

thyterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thyterrell Posted 11 May 2005 , 6:00pm
post #5 of 10

I also add almond and vanilla flavoring to all of my white cakes, and I also add a pouch of Dream Whip for each box of cake mix.

tcrema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcrema Posted 11 May 2005 , 6:02pm
post #6 of 10

I just add extract to the whole mix keep everything as is and add 1 teaspoon of Almond or a little less depends on your taste

LAA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LAA Posted 11 May 2005 , 6:10pm
post #7 of 10

Me too. Just add the almond.

Lisa

peacockplace Posted 11 May 2005 , 6:24pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks a ton you guys I'm off to bake white cake #4 this week... trying to get the perfect one! I just love almond! thumbs_up.gif

dadsdaughter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dadsdaughter Posted 13 May 2011 , 1:51pm
post #9 of 10

Peacockplace; if you love almond (it's by far my favorite) I've go a great almond cake for you. Buy a can of SOLO almond cake and pastry filling. The receipe is on the back of the label. People rave over this cake. It's got a very strong almond flavor. Let me know if you try it.

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 13 May 2011 , 2:16pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsdaughter

Peacockplace; if you love almond (it's by far my favorite) I've go a great almond cake for you. Buy a can of SOLO almond cake and pastry filling. The receipe is on the back of the label. People rave over this cake. It's got a very strong almond flavor. Let me know if you try it.

I just got the almond paste and it does not have the recipe you are talking about. I LOVE almond cake.
Is this the recipe on the can? If not do you mind sharing the recipe so I do not have to go to store anymore?
http://solofoods.com/Almond%20Cake.aspx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%