If You Use Duncan Hines Cake Mixes.....important...

Decorating By IHATEFONDANT Updated 29 Jun 2006 , 2:22pm by imartsy

ellyrae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellyrae Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 10:35pm
post #31 of 32

eema2four - thank you for that list! You went to a lot of trouble to type all that out! I'm very familiar with the dairy symbol. I only wish that every single package/brand of food items were required to display it.....but we're working on that! There's also the symbol K or K Parve which means dairy free as well.

I noticed the address you listed for DH is different from the one I wrote to. (I'm not surprised there's more than one location).

The address I used was:
Duncan Hines Consumer Affairs
POBox 91000
Allentown, PA 18109
1-800-362-9834

I'm going to write to the add you posted as well. My son (allergic to dairy and nuts) LOVED the classic yellow deluxe and was the only cake he could have (or liked). Now that ones gone too. If we keep the pressure on DH, I think they'll switch back!!
Thanks again!!
elly

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 2:22pm
post #32 of 32

Have they mentined at all how many people need to contact them in order for them to change? Has anyone got an explanation of WHY they changed? What are you saying when you call? I thought it might be quicker than writing a letter - but are you put on hold forever before you get to a person? I don't really know anyone allergic to nuts or dairy, but I certainly wouldn't want an unsuspecting person eating cake and having an allergic reaction to it just b/c someone isn't aware it now has dairy & possilbe nuts. They should put out a warning to all customers - who would suddenly start checking the ingredients if they've been using the same mix for years and knew it to be dairy free? How would they know it has changed??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%