Miniature Cakes

Decorating By jscakes Updated 11 May 2005 , 12:44pm by llj68

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 11 May 2005 , 12:20am
post #1 of 9

Was wondering if it's possible to use tuna, vegie, or other small cans...cleaned, sanitized, and lined with parchment paper for the miniature cakes?
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

8 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 11 May 2005 , 12:44am
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscakes

Was wondering if it's possible to use tuna, vegie, or other small cans...cleaned, sanitized, and lined with parchment paper for the miniature cakes?
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

You can make sheet cakes and then take a round cookie cutter and cut them out... I dont think you would ever be able no matter what you do get rid of that Tuna smell.. LOL .. But I know a lot of people that cut them out with the round cookie cutters....

jscakes Posted 11 May 2005 , 3:50am
post #3 of 9

Thanks Ladycake...I had thought of cutting smaller rounds, but was afraid the crumbs would be awful. Would the simple sugar syrup help with that issue?
Joann

Ladycake Posted 11 May 2005 , 4:14am
post #4 of 9
Quote:

Thanks Ladycake...I had thought of cutting smaller rounds, but was afraid the crumbs would be awful. Would the simple sugar syrup help with that issue?
Joann

I was told that if you freeze them first and then you frost them and put a crumb coat of frosting on them that will help....

jscakes Posted 11 May 2005 , 4:31am
post #5 of 9

Alrighty then!!! icon_smile.gif Something new for me to try, I do thank you Ladycake for your advice on this!
Joann

Ladycake Posted 11 May 2005 , 4:32am
post #6 of 9
Quote:

Alrighty then!!! icon_smile.gif Something new for me to try, I do thank you Ladycake for your advice on this!
Joann

Glad I am able to help you .. Hope it all works out for ya..

cupcakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakequeen Posted 11 May 2005 , 5:09am
post #7 of 9

I've used circle cookie cutters on a sheet cake to make mini cakes before. It does get crumbly, depending on your recipe/mix. But, if you use a really thin icing consistency and a crumb coat, it all works out. Here's a pic of one of mine!
LL

jscakes Posted 11 May 2005 , 8:18am
post #8 of 9

That is so cute! Okay, now I know I've got to do these little buggars!

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 11 May 2005 , 12:44pm
post #9 of 9

Actually-years ago I was making a pumpkin cake. It was basically 2 bundt pans stacked. Anyway--the recipe said to use a clean soup can to bake the stem in.

I tried it and it worked just fine. However, in this case, I think I would just cut out rounds from a sheet cake, too. It was a pain in the booty trying to get it out of the can even with heavily greased/floured sides.

Lisa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%