My Graduation Cookie Results.....

Baking By heidinamba Updated 28 May 2006 , 5:43pm by antonia74

heidinamba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidinamba Posted 26 May 2006 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 2

First of all let me thank antonia74 for her awesome icing recipe. I have never used that recipe before last night. I have always used the Toba Garrett recipe and have liked it but they seem to each serve different purposes. The antonia74 icing is so easy to work with and easy to color and goes on so nice and smooth!

I had a big debate on this forum yesterday about my writing on the cookies. I had decided to try the transfer method from a piece of clear flexible plastic (like sheet protector material). Well, that did not work so well for me and so I did it all free hand and I was impressed with my work. A few of the cookies looked a little off but I made extra so that was ok. The cookies were in the shape of a scroll (for graduation) and they said the graduates name and 2006 on them. White fondant for the background, outlined in deep purple and writing in red. Very nice. I don't have a digital camera with me right now at work or else I would post them.

But thanks antonia74 for your wonderful icing recipe! I will be making that more often. I notice your work in the gallery often and you are truly an inspiration. Is your name antonia? Or is that just for screen purposes?

Thanks everyone for your advice!

1 reply
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 28 May 2006 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 2

Thanks! Glad to hear it all worked out for you.
icon_biggrin.gif

(Antonia is my middle name, '74 is my year of birth)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%