"bundles Of Cookies" Techniques?

Baking By yankeegal Updated 11 May 2007 , 11:09pm by JRAE33

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 4 May 2007 , 10:51pm
post #1 of 10

I was at Michael's today and picked up the book from Meaghan Mountford from Bundles of Cookies. Love the look of the "outlined" cookie. I was just wondering if anyone had tried her recipe for royal icing-she adds vegetable shortening to hers and how it worked for you? I think I remember seeing someone do her outlining technique but I can't remember who? Anyone?

9 replies
Dawn2467 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawn2467 Posted 5 May 2007 , 3:54am
post #2 of 10

Your cookies are amazing!!!! Here's a bump...

heidisuesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidisuesmom Posted 5 May 2007 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 10

Her cookies are cute, but I like yours better!! I just looked at their website and her ideas are gorgeous, but her icing is bumpy or something. Maybe they are different in her book...

yankeegal Posted 5 May 2007 , 11:53pm
post #4 of 10

Thanks for the compliments!
She uses a crusting buttercream along with the royal-I believe that is why her cookies don't have a smooth surface. I really like the way that she uses a different colored outline to bring out the cookie's colors-I just thought it looked great. And I never heard of adding vegetable shortening to a royal icing-maybe makes it creamier? I think I am going to give it a shot and maybe try something new for some summer samples I am doing.

heidisuesmom Posted 6 May 2007 , 8:08pm
post #5 of 10

Alright Yankeegal, you got me curious about this book! I went to Michaels just to look at it...I bought it!!!It is so neat! I used my coupon and it brought it down to around $8. The templates in the back are worth that alone. I still like your cookies better, but I can't wait to see what you do with these! (Seriously! I do...)

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 8 May 2007 , 12:18pm
post #6 of 10

yankeegal...I have no idea about your question so I'm no help, but I did want to say that I just looked at your pictures and they are AMAZING! Jodie

yankeegal Posted 9 May 2007 , 12:33am
post #7 of 10

Thank you so much!!! Is that your name,JRAE33-Jodie? It is mine also.

heidisuesmom-you got yours for a great price. I can never find/remember my coupons so I usually pay full price icon_cry.gif

heidisuesmom Posted 11 May 2007 , 2:52pm
post #8 of 10

Hey Yankeegal, just wondering if you've tried any yet and how they turned out. I have a feeling you're probably too busy working on Mothers Day orders to even think about it. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to play...keep us posted!! Kim

yankeegal Posted 11 May 2007 , 6:58pm
post #9 of 10

Kim,
You are right. I have been too busy to even think about "playing" yet. I think I may have a lull in my orders next week so I may give them a shot. I will let you know how it goes.
Jodie

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 11 May 2007 , 11:09pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you so much!!! Is that your name,JRAE33-Jodie? It is mine also.

Hi! yes, my name is Jodie, too. Even spelled the same, huh? I don't run into too many Jodie's...esp. with that spelling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%