? About Ruffled Lace Under Cakes

Decorating By stephanie214 Updated 11 May 2005 , 1:17am by stephanie214

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 10 May 2005 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 6

I have a cake to do and the person wants real lace used (fabric shop lace). Have anyone ever used this and if so, could you please give me feedback on it?

Thanking everyone in advance because I know that I will get alot of wonderful answers.

YOU ARE THE GREATEST!!!!

5 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 10 May 2005 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 6

its going to suck up all of the grease from the icing first off and look yucky that is just my thoughts and second its not food safe why would she want to use that... There is ruffle out there that is for this why not use that...

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 10 May 2005 , 9:03pm
post #3 of 6

I've never used fabric shop lace, but if you're using buttercreme icing, the shortening will get all over on the lace. I've always used the lace that is sold to use with cakes. They make it in all kinds of colors and different looks too. I feel like you'd have to use something over the lace to make sure it didn't absorb the shortening on it.

stephanie214 Posted 10 May 2005 , 11:30pm
post #4 of 6

She doesn't like the kind that we use for cakes. She wants a more fancy look that lace has. I am really stuck on this. Been racking my brain trying to think of what I could use. icon_cry.gif

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 10 May 2005 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 6

I did use real lace on a cake, but it was also with the Rich's Bettercreme icing and there was no grease soaking into the lace. It was one of the first few cakes I had done, and I do have a picture of it if you're interested in seeing it.

stephanie214 Posted 11 May 2005 , 1:17am
post #6 of 6

Thank you jscakes, I would love to see the picture. Is the Rich's Bettercream the icing that Food Lion use? The deli lady gave me a sample to taste and it wasn't bad. She told me that I could get it at Sysco or Sam's Club. I can't remember if she said Rich's name.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%