Atlanta Area Cake Supply Stores

Decorating By chixbaby27 Updated 5 Jun 2005 , 2:35am by pejmo3

chixbaby27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chixbaby27 Posted 10 May 2005 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 14

Does anyone in the Northern Georgia area know of any good cake supply stores? All we have in Rome is Michael's (Village Crafts) and we're dying to lose ourselves for an hour or two in a good cake store!

13 replies
Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 10 May 2005 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 14

Okay, I'm not sure about Northern GA, but there is a cake supply (cake art) here outside of Atlanta and they will ship to you. They also have another one in Duluth. I'm not sure where Rome is, check the yellow pages and see if there is anything close to you. Cumming maybe?

chixbaby27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chixbaby27 Posted 10 May 2005 , 4:59pm
post #3 of 14

Rome is an hour NW of Atlanta. We have NOTHING here. What's the name of the store you mentioned?

Mchelle Posted 10 May 2005 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 14

Cake Art (Duluth and Stone Mountain) and I think that I saw one in Cumming (Party Art?). I am pretty sure that there is hardly anything outside of Atlanta, I have seen people there from Savannah. Cake Art has everything, and if not they will order it.

Here is the webiste for Cake Art http://www.cakeart77.com/

Let me know if you need some more help.

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 11 May 2005 , 4:35pm
post #5 of 14

Mchelle is correct

Cake Art has everything! They may even have some items of interest that are not on their website. I live five minutes from Cake Art so I visit the store at least three times a week.

If you ever need anything specific please let me know and I can find out for you if they have what you are looking for.

Another store in the Atlanta area is called International Sugar Art Collection. They may not have as many items as Cake Art. Here are the two websites for Internationl Sugar Art Collection:

http://www.internationalsugarart.com/cgi-bin/store/shop.cgi

http://www.nicholaslodge.com/index2.html

Hope this helps!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 11 May 2005 , 5:12pm
post #6 of 14

I love Cake Art but I wish it wasn't so out of the way for me. (I'm in Smyrna area) I try to go if I'm visiting my parents in Stone Mtn.

I don't think they have their other location anymore though. Have they recently re-opened again? I know the other closed a few years back.

International Sugar Art is another great one owned by Nicholas Lodge, international decorating expert. I still want to take one of his classes sometime. He has a school here and in England.

Besides those two places, I get what I can from Michael's, Party City and other random places. I also use Ebay quite a bit and have gotten many great deals off of there. I met a couple of ladies at one of the GA ICES chapter meetings and they owned stores. One has a website, it's in Newnan, GA...I'll post the link when I find her card again.

AgentCakeBaker Posted 11 May 2005 , 5:19pm
post #7 of 14

Cake Art's Duluth store is no longer open.

Mchelle Posted 11 May 2005 , 7:05pm
post #8 of 14

I thought that it was open again. Last time I was in there I thought they said the other location was back open? I could be wrong.

AgentCakeBaker Posted 11 May 2005 , 7:42pm
post #9 of 14

I just called the store and they said the Duluth location closed down 6 years ago.

Maybe they were taling about another cake supply store besides Cake Art.

pejmo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pejmo3 Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 2:22am
post #10 of 14

I live about 2 hours south of Atlanta but in Warner Robins there is a place call AJ's and it has everything under the sun for cake decorating. I can give you there number. It is 478-922-9042 the address is 2693 Watson Blvd. I love the store. If i ever need anything she has it. If you ever get a chance go there.

AgentCakeBaker Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 3:14am
post #11 of 14

Does AJ's have a website? My hometown is 30 minutes away from Warner Robins and the next time I down to visit I would love to check out AJ's.

pejmo3 Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 10:26pm
post #12 of 14

No they do not have a website, I wish they did. When I go there I spend a couple hours just looking at all the stuff. Next to wal Mart that is my favorite store. Definitly go and visit her she is well worth the trip.

AgentCakeBaker Posted 4 Jun 2005 , 8:54pm
post #13 of 14

I will definitely visit AJ's. I'm thinking of making a trip to my hometown just to see what this store has.

I'm addicted to cake decorating.

pejmo3 Posted 5 Jun 2005 , 2:35am
post #14 of 14

I went to AJ's today and spent like a hour or so in there. I just had my husband drop me off and let him and the kids do what they wanted to do. I love that place.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%