Coffee Creamer, How Do I Use It In My Cake

Decorating By midwestmom Updated 10 May 2007 , 10:53pm by stlalohagal

midwestmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midwestmom Posted 4 May 2007 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 10

I'm going to make a French Vanilla cake with French Vanilla pudding in it. I'm going to attempt a strawberry filling. I was going to make regular Wilton Buttercream. I was making my coffee this morning & it dawned on me that I could use my French Vanilla coffee creamer in the cake somewhere. I know I've read that here, but I can't remember how it's used. Also I use fat free, would that still be good or should I get some regular?

9 replies
monizcel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monizcel Posted 4 May 2007 , 3:53pm
post #2 of 10

2 TBSP of powdered creamer or a minimum of 1/4 cup of liquid creamer (replace the water with the creamer). You can replace only 1/4 cup or more if you wish.

kakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedecorator Posted 4 May 2007 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 10

Fat-free shouldn't make a difference. Are you talking about the powder or the liquid creamer? If using the liquid just use it in replacement of the liquid called for in the buttercream recipe.

midwestmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midwestmom Posted 4 May 2007 , 4:10pm
post #4 of 10

I use the liquid creamer. I usually replace the water in the cake recipe with milk. So I can replace the water/milk with creamer?

AND use it in the buttercream in place of milk?

Does this cake sound good? I always make chocolate cake & I found one I really love so I'm trying to branch out and find something else everyone will love besides my chocolate. any suggestions?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 4 May 2007 , 10:43pm
post #5 of 10

Recipes using liquid & powdered non-dairy creamer in cake & frosting:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-159851-.html

HTH

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 4 May 2007 , 10:52pm
post #6 of 10

Just make sure you taste your creamer first to check how sweet it is. I used some French Vanilla coffee creamer in a scratch cake recently because I did not have full fat milk, so I used some lowfat milk mixed with coffee creamer to bump up the fat content. The end result had a very pronounced vanilla flavour but it was too sweet for my taste. I had not taken account for the amount of sugar in the coffee creamer. If doing it again I would reduce the sugar in the cake. Not sure if you can get around that if you use a mix.

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 4 May 2007 , 11:01pm
post #7 of 10

I use mixes for my cakes. I have found that I get the best flavour by using only 1/4 cup of creamer. I use Betty Crocker mixes. The mix calls for 1 & 1/4 cup water. I sub the 1/4. Otherwise it is way too sweet. I think every tooth in my head is a sweet tooth.

tame Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tame Posted 6 May 2007 , 4:05pm
post #8 of 10

save

texasseegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texasseegirl Posted 6 May 2007 , 9:00pm
post #9 of 10

save

stlalohagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlalohagal Posted 10 May 2007 , 10:53pm
post #10 of 10

save