Victorian Tea Party?

Decorating By keonicakes Updated 28 May 2006 , 1:49am by kjb

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 25 May 2006 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 5

My niece is turning 3 this week and she is having a tea party bday. All little girls will be dressed in hats, glove, etc. My sister in law does not want a tea pot cake but wants something very victorian. I don't particularly like this style so I'm having a hard time coming up with something. I do know that she wants a stacked 3 tier cake with pink and purple. Does any one have any ideas of pics for me.....please??? Thanks so much,
Amy.

4 replies
PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 25 May 2006 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 5

How about making hats, gloves, handkerchiefs, pearls, etc. out of fondant and putting them on each tier? You could color them in pinks and purples. Also lots of flowers and maybe a lacy border. Can't wait to see it! icon_biggrin.gif

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 26 May 2006 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 5

What about something simple, like cornelli lace and pink and purple roses? I have a picture of one I did that is "Victorianish" in my photos. Towards the bottom - it was a small three tier.

kjb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjb Posted 28 May 2006 , 1:21am
post #4 of 5

Hi keonicakes!

Have you considered making the stacked cake in a rectangular shape like a vanity table... you could make the bottom layer the floor and the top 2 the same size(the vanity). Dress the vanity with a pink or purple ruffly layer or fondant covered by a white "doily" and maybe use the idea of gloves, hair brush, jewlery or a jewlery box a small purse etc...maybe you could cover an oval piece of cardboard in fondant to make a mirror...

or you could make a traditional 3 tiered cake and make "pressed" flowers around the sides or the cake...maybe make the top of the cake look like a doily?

Or maybe you could make the top layer into a ladies hat, with pink and purple flowers around the brim? I've made cookies and a cake like that. lots of fun!

Well, fresh out of ideas...Good luck!

Kim

kjb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjb Posted 28 May 2006 , 1:49am
post #5 of 5

Hi again....

I was looking on line for something for an upcoming shower and found the step-by-step instructions for a victorian lady (rear view) on the sculpey site...you could probably make it out of fondant instead of clay in different colors?

http://www.sculpey.com/Projects/projects_GibsonGirl.htm

Kim

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%