First Time Making Flowers...

Decorating By Raisen Updated 27 May 2006 , 2:27pm by Amish

Raisen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Raisen Posted 25 May 2006 , 1:12am
post #1 of 5

...THis past Monday I made a batch of ButterCream icing...stored it covered in the fridge. Tonight, Wednesday, I made some flowers. (Well they kind of look like flowers) How do I dry them - do I keep them out on the wax paper overnight or do I dry them in the fridge? Also how long will the dried flowers be good ...if I use them on a cake this Saturday will they be safe to eat? Sorry if these are silly questions....but thanks for the great site and loads of info.....

Thanks... Sara icon_rolleyes.gif

4 replies
mrboop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrboop Posted 25 May 2006 , 1:29am
post #2 of 5

I let my flower dry on the wax paper on flower formers overnight. I think your flowers will be fine until Sat. What kind of icing did you use? Does it have milk in it?

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 25 May 2006 , 1:38am
post #3 of 5

Sara, Welcome to CC, when I make flowers using buttercream I just store them in a container in the freezer until I need them, just be sure they are in an air tight container. Hope this helpsicon_smile.gif

Raisen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Raisen Posted 25 May 2006 , 2:02am
post #4 of 5

Thank you...yes the icing has milk in it. (Crisco and butter, too) So I guess I better put them in the freezer now? I didnt think about the milk going bad. Sara

Amish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amish Posted 27 May 2006 , 2:27pm
post #5 of 5

My wilton instructor told me that you could store buttercream flowers in an air tight container for up to six months. Not freezing. Even if you added milk when mixed with crisco and other things it is not just milk anymore it is a different food all together. But whatever you feel more comfortable with. Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%