Need Ideas For A "reaching Your Goals" Cake??

Decorating By sugartopped Updated 28 May 2006 , 11:15pm by sugartopped

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 24 May 2006 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 7

I'm doing another cake for big brothers/big sisters end of the year BIG BASH for all the matches that have completed and reached all their goals during the school year.

Background: At the beginning of each school year matches are asked about what goals they would like to accomplish this year (improve math grade, join a sports team, join a club, etc.) and also have specific reading and community service projects, required through Big Brothers/Big Sisterse, they do throughout the year. Each match sets their own goals. So the party is for all the matches that have completed or accomplished all their goals!! This year we are going to have around 50-100 people.

The party is still a month away...reason for the large range of people. But I've been thinking about this for the past couple days and have come up w/NOTHING!! Was thinking of a school theme......but not sure. But thought since we are celebrating an accomplishment....something 'fun' and along the 'BIG BASH' line might be cool (whatever that may be??).

This is a donated cake...so I have free range to do whatever I want!! Big Brothers/Big Sisters is such a great organization I would really like to make it special for everyone!!

ANY IDEAS??? PLEEEEEEAAAASSSEE!!

6 replies
sugartopped Posted 24 May 2006 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 7

anyone??

but i just had an idea.....I really really loved antonia's giant cupcake w/little cupcakes she posted recently. and have been dying to find a away/reason to make one of my own!! How would a giant cupcake made for the all the employees of big brother/big sister...and I could do cupcakes for the all the bigs & little matches. And on each cupcake I could put a medal made out of chocolate??

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 27 May 2006 , 12:44am
post #3 of 7

Your idea sounds great--especially the pairing of the cupcakes--I never would have thought of that!

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 28 May 2006 , 1:48am
post #4 of 7

I love that idea, too! Cupcakes are hugely populat now, too. Please post a picture when you finish!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 28 May 2006 , 2:17am
post #5 of 7

::singing::

"Climb every mountain, ford every stream,
Follow every rainbow, till you find your dream!"

a big ol' mountain of cake...four climbers two adults, two kids (one each male and female) wearing Big Brothers/Sisters logo shirts. boy and girl at top holding a flag stuck in top while admiring adults look on.

and stick a big rainbow somewhere (on long dowels?)))

(for extra servings, mountian can be on a sheet cake base)

(or could do whole thing as a big sheet cake)

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 28 May 2006 , 10:10pm
post #6 of 7

Doug, you are the most creative person on the planet!! How do you keep coming up with such great ideas?

sugartopped Posted 28 May 2006 , 11:15pm
post #7 of 7

oh wow!! love your idea Doug!! thanks! that is perfect!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%