Wedding Blues

Decorating By luceymoose Updated 29 May 2005 , 11:43pm by traci

luceymoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luceymoose Posted 9 May 2005 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 6

This really doesn't have much to do with cake decorating but I needed to vent. A friend of a friend asked me to help her with her wedding invites. She was having touble with her computer so I agreed to take them home and finish them. I got up early the next day and spent 4 hours fixing them up and printing them off so she could get them in the mail asap. I brought them back to her and automatically she gave me an attitude and found a word that was spelled wrong. She had people waiting for her so I let it go. The next day, I found out that she went and had them professionally printed. She didn't even give me the chance to fix them for her. I was going to replace the ones that were messed up. I was so mad that I just left that day for fear of offending her company. She wants me to do a couple of cakes for her and now I'm not sure I want to do that if she's going to be looking for something to be wrong. What would you guys do?

5 replies
momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 9 May 2005 , 10:06pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by luceymoose

This really doesn't have much to do with cake decorating but I needed to vent. A friend of a friend asked me to help her with her wedding invites. She was having touble with her computer so I agreed to take them home and finish them. I got up early the next day and spent 4 hours fixing them up and printing them off so she could get them in the mail asap. I brought them back to her and automatically she gave me an attitude and found a word that was spelled wrong. She had people waiting for her so I let it go. The next day, I found out that she went and had them professionally printed. She didn't even give me the chance to fix them for her. I was going to replace the ones that were messed up. I was so mad that I just left that day for fear of offending her company. She wants me to do a couple of cakes for her and now I'm not sure I want to do that if she's going to be looking for something to be wrong. What would you guys do?

aww Lucey, I would be a bit upset too... Ok, fine she found a mistake, i think she should have given you the opportunity to fix it... and not have taken it elsewhere.
I would still take the opportunity to do her cakes. I dont think she was looking for something to be wrong... it just happen she found a mispelled word, its really not a huge deal, you would have corrected it. YOu are a great cake decorator. i think you should do her cake icon_smile.gif

Mable_21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mable_21 Posted 9 May 2005 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 6

I think I would give her a second chance. As a bride to be myself, I understand how complicated and stressful things can be. Maybe she was just in a horrible mood. I hope all works out well!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 9 May 2005 , 10:21pm
post #4 of 6

Why don't you just sit down with her and tell her you need to talk to her about something that's bothering you ... tell her how it hurt your feelings, say what you have to say and let it be done... I'd still do her cakes for her though .. I don't think she was trying to hurt your feelings .. friends just don't do that .. so sit down and just talk to her about it all .. you need to let her know how you feel and then just move on .. that's what friends do icon_smile.gif

luvmygirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmygirls Posted 29 May 2005 , 12:27am
post #5 of 6

Be patient with the Bride...I'm sure you know how much stress is involved in planning a wedding!!! Your friend wouldn't have asked you to do her cake if she didn't think you would do a good job and I know you will do a beautiful job.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 29 May 2005 , 11:43pm
post #6 of 6

I think you should still do the cakes. You will do a great job and this might be a good opportunity to get future orders! Good luck!
Traci icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%