Buttercream Transfer On Cupcakes

Decorating By Debbie Updated 25 Jul 2007 , 11:23pm by marthat

Debbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbie Posted 21 Oct 2004 , 12:39am
post #1 of 4

Okay, I'm making the Strawberry Shortcake shaped cake for my daughter for her 4th bday. I need something in addition to it. I usually put the shape on a sheet pan, but wanted to try something new. I love the frozen buttercream transfer on the "cupcakes" cake. Do I stack all the cupcakes together then frost? Do I use stiffer icing? Do the transfers come out well? The party is Saturday, when do I make the transfer? Will chocolate buttercream run if I use it to outline? I'm a little nervous & I don't want to wait til the last minute. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Debbie

3 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 21 Oct 2004 , 12:52am
post #2 of 4

Your going to make your cup cake one of two ways..

1. in the shape of the pan that you want it to be shaped like ... Put the cups in the pan and fill them with cake mix...

OR

2. You just make the cup cakes in a cup cake pan and then you place them on the board as you would like it to look .. Put a bit of frosting on the bottom of each paper before putting then back down on to the board then your going to frost them just like you do a cake but your going to add a bit to the holes between on the top... I hope this make since... If not ask questions and I will try again.. LOL ..

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 21 Oct 2004 , 4:48pm
post #3 of 4

http://community.webshots.com/album/105830324epGFhn

On this page you will find filling cupcakes and putting together a basic ccc.

This will get you started. It goes as far as laying out a basic ccc. Later on today I will be icing a ccc and will take pictures while I am doing it to add to the album. I will be using an icing tip.

You ice it just like you would any other cake. It is easier with an icing tip, but can be done without it. There ar many times I'm too lazy to drag out the icing tip and clean it...so I just plop my icing on top and smooth away.

If using an icing tip, just spread it out then smooth the cake. Just pretend the "openings" between the cakes are not there.

If you are not using an icing tip, just plop your icing down as if it were a conventional cake and smooth using whatever technique you normally would. Again, pretend the "openings" between the cakes are not there.

It really this easy. The more relaxed you are about it, the better it will turn out.

For lots of great information, Brenda Hoye (Hoyle?) has a fantastic cupcake cake book with many diagrams for fancy cakes. Mine (above) is just basic information to get you started.

http://www.brenscakes.com/book.html

marthat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthat Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 11:23pm
post #4 of 4

I need to make a cake with a hat make out of gumpaste? Help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%