Cakes For This Weekend...

Decorating By Everemton Updated 23 May 2006 , 1:29pm by alicia_froedge

Everemton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Everemton Posted 23 May 2006 , 1:16pm
post #1 of 6

Hiya! I have a question for all of you wonderful decorators. I have 2 cakes to make for this weekend. (They have to be done by Friday night.) Anyway, seeing as I work part-time I thought it would be much easier if I bake the cakes today. My question is this - would I need tofreeze them for a couple of days or would they be ok if they were in the fridge?? I'm pretty new to this all and usually I bake the day before, but never 3 days before. I just don't want them to be "stale" tasting. Thanks!!

5 replies
FunCakesVT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FunCakesVT Posted 23 May 2006 , 1:23pm
post #2 of 6

Wrap tight in plastic wrap and fridge or freeze and they'll be fine! Freezing does seem to 'lock' in the moisture a little better, but they will not taste 'stale'. Good luck!

alicia_froedge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicia_froedge Posted 23 May 2006 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 6

They should be just fine in the freeze as long as the are wrapped well.

Everemton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Everemton Posted 23 May 2006 , 1:27pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks! One more question - do I leave it wrapped to thaw?

Gretta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gretta Posted 23 May 2006 , 1:29pm
post #5 of 6

They should be OK in the frig. Just be sure to let them cool completely before wrapping them securely in plastic wrap. Depending on your time schedule, may even want go the extra step by giving them a crumb coat before wrapping them. Happy baking!

alicia_froedge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicia_froedge Posted 23 May 2006 , 1:29pm
post #6 of 6

I do it either way. Just depends on what mood I am in. icon_smile.gif I either leave the wrap on or unwrap it and place it on a cake board. I don't know that it matters?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%