Barbie Cake...use Real Doll?

Decorating By 4Gifts4Lisa Updated 24 May 2006 , 4:23pm by Bubbles

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 22 May 2006 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 14

I am gonna do a barbie cake for fun today. Planning to use my pampered chef large bowl.

My question...can I just use one of my 3 year old's 754925739587 barbie dolls? These cakes use real barbies, right? This cake is JUST for practice and JUST for my family, so the condition of barbie really doesn't matter.

13 replies
MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 22 May 2006 , 3:22pm
post #2 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Gifts4Lisa

I am gonna do a barbie cake for fun today. Planning to use my pampered chef large bowl.

My question...can I just use one of my 3 year old's 754925739587 barbie dolls? These cakes use real barbies, right? This cake is JUST for practice and JUST for my family, so the condition of barbie really doesn't matter.

I used a real barbie doll for my daughter's Barbie Marmaidia Birthday. I wrapped the doll in plastic wrap to protect the Barbie from cake icing and stuff and also to keep it steralized. I actually bought the barbie so it was brand new, but still, you can wrap the barbie in plastic wrap.

(look at my pics)

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 22 May 2006 , 3:23pm
post #3 of 14

I usually use a real doll. I've posted one in my pics, I think it's Tinkerbell. Just wrap her legs in saran wrap before you stick it in the cake, just makes it easier to clean. I'm not sure how tall the pampered chef bowl is, but you may need to add a layer at the bottom so the doll will fit in the cake. For example, when using the wonder mold and a Barbie, you need to add a 1 layer 8" cake at the bottom so she will fit in all the way. HTH!

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 22 May 2006 , 4:28pm
post #4 of 14

I've only used the doll picks so if you use a real doll you may have to bake a another layer of cake so that it will be tall enough to accomodate her legs. It really depends on how tall you bowl is. See my two doll cakes, one has a layer below.

Best of luck!

Bubbles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbles Posted 22 May 2006 , 9:16pm
post #5 of 14

So, when you use a real doll, do you just stick her in the cake? or do you cut a hole in the cake? I am worried about her falling I guess.

jewels97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels97 Posted 22 May 2006 , 9:20pm
post #6 of 14

Just stick her in.

Bubbles Posted 22 May 2006 , 9:51pm
post #7 of 14

Cool - thanks. I have never made one before, and have an order for a SnowWhite. I have also never used the MMF, but think I am going to practice with that to make the dress.

jewels97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels97 Posted 22 May 2006 , 9:52pm
post #8 of 14

Good Luck! The Snow White in MMF will be really cute.

Gretta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gretta Posted 22 May 2006 , 10:06pm
post #9 of 14

When I make my Barbie cakes (with real Barbies), I always bake another 8" round and I cut out about 1/2" hole to place the plastic wrapped Barbie in the cake. When frosting is complete, I make a small "gift package" to place in Barbie's hands with a tag that reads "Happy Birthday, _______!" I use those clear hair rubberbands to keep her arms together and the package in place. I also suggest those tall, skinny candles to place on her backside for a more dramatic presentation. HTH.

lisascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisascakes Posted 23 May 2006 , 3:00am
post #10 of 14

I will usually bake another round to go under the wonder mold. I like to use a cheap Barbie type of doll from the dollar store. The legs pop off really easy and then will pop back on. The legs of a real barbie will be broken if you pop them off.

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 23 May 2006 , 9:56pm
post #11 of 14

I use real dolls (a present for the birthday girl!) and take the legs off. Bratz worked well.

trombonekaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trombonekaren Posted 24 May 2006 , 5:00am
post #12 of 14

The Betty Crocker Bake and Fill set has a dome pan which works great for a barbie cake (I have one posted in my photos). I also added another stacked 8 inch round to the bottom to get the height needed. It was a very easy cake - just wrap the barbie in plastic wrap and smoosh her right in!! thumbs_up.gif

mrboop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrboop Posted 24 May 2006 , 5:06am
post #13 of 14

You can use a real doll in the cake. Just wrap in saran wrap. And if you actually use a real doll for it, the little girl or person getting the cake will get a real Barbie also.

Bubbles Posted 24 May 2006 , 4:23pm
post #14 of 14

You know - I hadn't thought about using the BC bake and fill pan. That might be a good idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%