Diabetic Cake

Baking By marknrox Updated 12 May 2005 , 2:31pm by marknrox

marknrox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknrox Posted 8 May 2005 , 6:09pm
post #1 of 6

I have been laboring over this cake for my MIL's Mother's Day cake. She and FIL have diabetes and I wanted to make something special for them.

The reviews for the Splenda cakes weren't very good, so I was stumped. I went to our Target Bakery and spoke with the head baker. He showed me a pre-made angel food cake that looked really good. I bought it and thought about what I could do with it.

I decided I'd fill the center hole with chocolate pudding and decorate the top with cream cheese icing. I used a recipe I found on the internet that called for 16 packets of Equal. It was incredibly nasty!!! I tried mixing the icing with the pudding to see if it would be any better, but it wasn't. So I got more cream cheese and some whipping cream and some sugar-free vanilla pudding. I mixed it up and added some Splenda and it came out really good. The icing was pretty easy to work with and color. I even made some roses with it and they didn't melt together!! LOL!

I posted my new recipe in the recipe section under Diabetic Icing. The cake is posted in the gallery.

5 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 8 May 2005 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 6

Thank you for this marknrox..I know this is really helpful for people who are looking for something that tastes good and is good for them.

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 9 May 2005 , 1:52am
post #3 of 6

VERY NICE CAKE MARKNROX BUT I AM HAVING TROUBLE FINDING THE ICING RECIPE. I WENT TO RECIPES AND TYPE IN DIABETIC ICING, BUT NO SUCH LUCK. DH AND MIL ARE BOTH DIABETICS AND WOULD LIKE TO MAKE SOMETHING FOR THEM WHEN I SERVE REGULAR CAKE AND BCI FOR EVERYBODY ELSE.

marknrox Posted 9 May 2005 , 2:12am
post #4 of 6

KATE,

I think it'll show up tomorrow. If it doesn't, pm me your email and I'll send it to you.

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 12 May 2005 , 2:17pm
post #5 of 6

I JUST PRINTED THE RECIPE. THANKS MARKNROX

marknrox Posted 12 May 2005 , 2:31pm
post #6 of 6

You are welcome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%