Advice On How To Maybe Make A Cake I Found Online

Decorating By vona Updated 20 Jan 2005 , 2:02am by briansbaker

vona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vona Posted 20 Oct 2004 , 12:15am
post #1 of 11

I found this cake online and I was wondering...what would y'all suggest I use to make it? Any tips are welcome....Thank You princess.gif

http://www.novelty-cakes.net/cake.php?c=Bedtime%20Blues&i=bed.jpg

10 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 20 Oct 2004 , 4:31am
post #2 of 11

I would take a sheet cake or a square cake and cut it to what size you want it to be... LOOKS as if they covered it with some type of fondant.. AS good as that cake looks mostly they used pettinice or satin icefor there fondant.. and then molded there people mostly out of flower paste molding ..

cjf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjf Posted 20 Oct 2004 , 10:13pm
post #3 of 11

I used and 8x12 for mine but I think you can make the bed whatever size you need to to get the # of servings you need. I used fondant for my bedspread but I've seen the bed cake done before in buttercream, trimmed with a ruffle using the rose tip. A tip that may help, if you have time, I used fondant in a Sculpey mold for the faces of my little kids. You can find a variety of molds in the clay molding section of your craft stores.

vona Posted 20 Oct 2004 , 11:31pm
post #4 of 11

Thank Y'all so much for the ideas...I respect and and admire both of your works. So it is an honor to receive advice from y'all. I will try it as soon as I can find all the tips and ingredients I need...Victoria you mentioned something about stay ice? what is that and how do I make it?

Thank You,
Vona princess.gif

Ladycake Posted 21 Oct 2004 , 12:48am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Quote:

Victoria you mentioned something about stay ice? what is that and how do I make it?

Vona I am sorry I did not put the right ingreadent there it should say Stain Ice with is a type of fondant as for making it I dont know how to make it I just buy it premade...

Stay Ice is a stablier powder that you put in to frosting to help it with the heat and humitty...

Sorry..

vona Posted 21 Oct 2004 , 4:45pm
post #6 of 11

Thank You Victoria for the correction...any idea on where I can find that? princess.gif

Ladycake Posted 21 Oct 2004 , 5:37pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vona

Thank You Victoria for the correction...any idea on where I can find that? princess.gif

You may want to check with your local cake decorating supplie store in your home town... NOT MICHALES or HOBBY LOBBY if they dont have it or cant get it this is the place I go through...

http://www.lafountainsupply.com/bakeware.htm

vona Posted 22 Oct 2004 , 9:43pm
post #8 of 11

Thank You Victoria!princess.gif[/quote]

chocolate1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolate1 Posted 3 Nov 2004 , 12:44pm
post #9 of 11

Vona, fondant would be the icing to cover this cake and make the children. Marshmallow fondant tastes good and is inexpensive. Depending on where you are located, there are library books on novelty cakes, birthday cakes for children, that can explain how to make the children on this cake. There is a plethera of info from library books, some going back as far as 1967 on how to decorate cakes as well as designing these novelty cakes. Hope this helps some..happy icing, C. icon_smile.gif

froggyjustjumpin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
froggyjustjumpin Posted 13 Jan 2005 , 4:30am
post #10 of 11

That is a variation of a cake in Debbie Brown's "Saucy Cakes A Collection of Naughty Novelty Cakes". I have that book, do not have a scanner but have digital camera.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 20 Jan 2005 , 2:02am
post #11 of 11

Can anyone figure out how this eeyore cake was made? I would be interested in just the head part of eeyoure..but the whole body is too cute!
http://www.cakesbysuzy.com/3d_sculptured_cakes.htm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%