Bride Payments

Business By Jenn123 Updated 25 May 2006 , 1:49am by Pootchi

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 21 May 2006 , 6:27pm
post #31 of 42

Thanks everyone!
I guess these things could happen, but it isn't that common. I've never had a problem in 20 years of doing this. (Since I said that, it will happen tomorrow, right?? lol) I've been thinking of writing a general information sheet with policies, how to serve, etc.; so maybe I'll add a place for cake summary and a signature.

If anyone wants to share...I'd love to see what you use. I've looked at Earlines, but it isn't quite what I need.

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 22 May 2006 , 12:32pm
post #32 of 42

Jenn123, you get orders by phone so does that mean you have a website and individuals can pick a cake from the site and call to order the "xyz cake"? Just curious since price can vary by design, size, etc.

Jenn123 Posted 22 May 2006 , 3:33pm
post #33 of 42

Yes, I do. I give a general price per serving on the site for each design. They call and we discuss extras and what sizes will work for them. I get half my orders on the phone or email and the other half I go to their house. I take PayPal, check, cash, etc.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 22 May 2006 , 5:38pm
post #34 of 42

I get pretty much all my birthday cakes and such over the phone. But weddings, all of the brides I have encountered want to meet you first, and have a tasting. But I get a lot of small weddings, where the cake is the only desert, things like that..

Jenn123 Posted 22 May 2006 , 5:44pm
post #35 of 42

I rarely have to make samples or meet the bride. I did 2 bridal shows this year so many of them have already had a sample. I have a good reputation and get lots of referrals. Besides...there just isn't a lot to choose from here. icon_smile.gif

mrsfish94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsfish94 Posted 22 May 2006 , 5:47pm
post #36 of 42

I had a contract emailed to me...from someone here. If you would like to look at it...you are welcome to pm with your email address and I will send it to you.

I am glad everything turned out!!!

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 22 May 2006 , 6:21pm
post #37 of 42

Good idea. I'll have to consider doing a few designs with a standard price, just for those couples on a budget.

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 22 May 2006 , 6:34pm
post #38 of 42

One little thing I do with checks is I have the person make them out to "Cash" instead of to me. That way if it bounces, it bounces back on their account, not on mine.

Jenn123 Posted 22 May 2006 , 6:37pm
post #39 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by darandon

One little thing I do with checks is I have the person make them out to "Cash" instead of to me. That way if it bounces, it bounces back on their account, not on mine.

Good idea! Do you have to cash it at their bank?

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 22 May 2006 , 7:12pm
post #40 of 42

Jenn123 - I've always cashed them at my bank, regardless of where it is written from. They just make it out to cash and I forgot to say, have the person sign the back of it. I've never had any problem with my bank taking it. I started doing the checks like that after being bounced on a few times.

DRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DRose Posted 25 May 2006 , 1:16am
post #41 of 42

Cash Only, No Exceptions. at this late date.

I require that equipment deposits & the cake must be paid in full 3 weeks before the event. Cash, money order and cashier check only accepted.

No personal checks, as bride may have closed her account and opened a new one under her new name.

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 25 May 2006 , 1:49am
post #42 of 42

OMG!!! I've learned so much by reading this thread thanks icon_wink.gif

Glad to know everything went fine tho. I'm going right now to create a contract of some sort to suit the needs in my area.

Lorris

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%