Alcoholics Anonymous Cake

Decorating By KellieRSM Updated 20 May 2006 , 6:40pm by Happygrl

KellieRSM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellieRSM Posted 19 May 2006 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 13

I've been asked to consider making the cakes for a local AA meeting. They celebrate birthdays weekly. Once a month I would like to make other than a traditional cake. Any ideas for a monthly cake appropriate to their organization? Thank you!

12 replies
onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 19 May 2006 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 13

You might consider the tradtional slogans that they use. Or maybe doing the sayings of the 12 steps.

jacksjoyce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jacksjoyce Posted 19 May 2006 , 8:27pm
post #3 of 13

How about a taco chip cake or some other food duplicate. I think they might get a kick out of something like that.

KellieRSM Posted 19 May 2006 , 8:30pm
post #4 of 13

Taco chip? Sounds very intriging. Can you elaborate?

jacksjoyce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jacksjoyce Posted 19 May 2006 , 8:48pm
post #5 of 13

If you look in the gallery photos under food there are several pictures of nacho's and dip, tacos, burgers etc.
I made the nacho and dip one recently and it was very easy and a big hit. If you can't find one I can post mine on my site.

KellieRSM Posted 19 May 2006 , 9:31pm
post #6 of 13

I see them now. Somehow I missed them the first time I look. These are hilarious! Thank so much for the suggestion.

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 19 May 2006 , 9:41pm
post #7 of 13

What about a Kitty Litter cake???? It's a hoot! There 's one in my gallery I think.......

quills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quills Posted 19 May 2006 , 11:18pm
post #8 of 13

I have many friends in AA and they are all huge coffee addicts. Maybe a coffee cup?

janethorp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janethorp Posted 19 May 2006 , 11:26pm
post #9 of 13

I did one for a AA birthday. Sorry but I did not photograph it ..... Darn. Any way it was a white frosted cake and I used fondant that was rolled very thin and made a sort of twisting tree that branched out. I added leaf tip for the tree leaves and then wrote off to the side " One day at a time"

KellieRSM Posted 19 May 2006 , 11:44pm
post #10 of 13

janethorp I like the tree idea very much...especially if it had good roots, and reaching branches. The symbolism is meaningful, don't you think?!

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 20 May 2006 , 12:12am
post #11 of 13

Here is an AA symbol that is very nice and maybe could add that on the cake. and in the corners maybe write phrases like Live and let live..
Faith chases away fear, First things first, Easy does it, We'll love you, until you learn to love yourself.
These are just a few sayings they use... Go on Google,com and type (alcoholic anonymous phrases) it might inspire you as well.

Or you can make round cake shaped like there gift coins... Here is a picture of it or even make it into a sheet cake.. That would be great for them to know you took the time to make something that represents AA.
Its a triangle with Unity , service, recovery on the three sides the around the edge it says To There own self be true... Its on the AAbirthday gift site...Here's the link as well.

http://www.aabirthdaygift.com/aaleathers/cosmetic-case.htm
LL
LL

KellieRSM Posted 20 May 2006 , 2:07am
post #12 of 13

Helendelk you put so much effort into your reply and I love your ideas. You were so much help. I also like the coffee cup idea. You people are the best...so inspiring!

Happygrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Happygrl Posted 20 May 2006 , 6:40pm
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellieRSM

I also like the coffee cup idea.

I've done a few coffee cup cakes that turned out great (sorry, no pics with me to upload). I used a large glass bowl (like a Pyrex mixing bowl) to bake in it. When cool, invert it so the small surface (the bottom of the bowl) is on the bottom of the plate. I then iced & covered in fondant and made a fondant "handle" for the cup. Then I decorate the sides of the cup to look like a coffee cup, do a top layer of chocolate BC (to look like coffee). For my cappucino ones, I then added a dollop of white BC to look like the milk foam.

If you go into the winter cakes section, there are a couple cakes that look like mugs of hot cocoa. n That is where I got the ideas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%