Decorating By dragonwarlord1969 Updated 8 May 2005 , 10:44pm by dragonwarlord1969

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 8 May 2005 , 12:34am
post #1 of 18

Hello!

I need some opinions about an avatar. flayvurdfun sent me an avatar that fits my name. But I also like the one of my daughter. Should I change it? The one she sent is really cool.

Joe

p.s. flayvurdfun, thanks for thinking of me and sending it, you are really nice! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif
LL

17 replies
CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 8 May 2005 , 12:51am
post #2 of 18

Oh, that's a tough one, a cute adorable child or a dragon?? LOL My opinion would be to change it, only becuase you're beautiful daughter is going to continually change and you'd need to update the picture frequently, with the dragon, you could keep it the same........just a thought.

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 8 May 2005 , 1:02am
post #3 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwarlord1969

Hello!

I need some opinions about an avatar. flayvurdfun sent me an avatar that fits my name. But I also like the one of my daughter. Should I change it? The one she sent is really cool.

Joe

p.s. flayvurdfun, thanks for thinking of me and sending it, you are really nice! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

It would be cool if Lisa could take both photos and put your daughter in to the dragon photo..

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 8 May 2005 , 3:08am
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladycake

It would be cool if Lisa could take both photos and put your daughter in to the dragon photo..

I don't know how I'd combine such a beautiful little girl with a cool dragon! What would be really cool is if the dragon was breathing fire on a cake or lighting a cake candle.

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 8 May 2005 , 3:11am
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa

Quote:

I don't know how I'd combine such a beautiful little girl with a cool dragon! What would be really cool is if the dragon was breathing fire on a cake or lighting a cake candle.

You dont think that you could make sarha laying in the clouds???

cindycakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindycakes2 Posted 8 May 2005 , 3:15am
post #6 of 18

What about the little girl "dreaming" of the dragon lighting the candles on a cake? Would that work?

Lisa Posted 8 May 2005 , 3:52am
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindycakes2

What about the little girl "dreaming" of the dragon lighting the candles on a cake? Would that work?

I think that would look really sweet. Don't know if it could be done under 6K and less than 110x110 though. I love talking about this stuff but it's really up to Joe. He may just want the Dragon or just want Sarah.

Lisa Posted 8 May 2005 , 4:12am
post #8 of 18
Quote:

I'd be afraid it would look like she was being attacked by the dragon--LOL!

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 8 May 2005 , 10:58am
post #9 of 18

Why not use both. You could use the dragon for a little bit and then use a picture of Sarah. I'm with Cindy in that Sarah will grow so fast that their pictures change rapidly as well and you can always keep putting up new pictures of your little girl.

Just my .02 icon_biggrin.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 8 May 2005 , 11:31am
post #10 of 18

If it could be improved, Lisa would be able to do it for sure.... but I have no 2 cents.... I found it, and sent it.... I love them both....you're welcome by the way, there was no need in saying thank you again!. YOU too are a very nice person.!!!!!

dragonwarlord1969 Posted 8 May 2005 , 12:12pm
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa

Quote:

I'd be afraid it would look like she was being attacked by the dragon--LOL!

LOL, I think your right. I don't want Sarah being attacked by a dragon! icon_biggrin.gif The pic of her was taken when she was a year and a half old. She is WAY cuter now and has entered the "no" phase (Is that good? no, is that the kitty? "no" can I have five bucks? "no", etc) Kris got a kick out of the asking her for money. icon_biggrin.gif

So I will change the avatar and periodically cahneg it with an up to date Sarah pic. thanks for all the input. And Flav, no you are too nice! icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

Joe

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 8 May 2005 , 6:50pm
post #12 of 18

icon_razz.gif just my two cense here, but i like the new aviator....i was a little confused with your name being dragon and your picture being of a cute little girl. i would stick to the dragon.....i also wanted to mention that there are some real sickos on the world, so i wouldnt post my childs picture.....maybe i'm just paranoiod, but there really are alot of wackos out there.
melody

dragonwarlord1969 Posted 8 May 2005 , 8:10pm
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyscakes

icon_razz.gif just my two cense here, but i like the new aviator....i was a little confused with your name being dragon and your picture being of a cute little girl. i would stick to the dragon.....i also wanted to mention that there are some real sickos on the world, so i wouldnt post my childs picture.....maybe i'm just paranoiod, but there really are alot of wackos out there.
melody

Here's the reason I put a pic of Sarah as my avatar. Dragonwarlord1969 is my automatic default name for just about everything. My secondary ebay account bears the same name. When I signed up for Cake Central, I started seeing cute names, nothing like mine. I tried to change it and when I realized I could not, I tried to fluff up my postings by putting a pic of my daughter on it. I know a lot of people might have judged me just by my name alone. Now, I hope everybody knows that Dragonwarlord1969 is just a name and does not reflect the man, the myth, the legend, behind it. icon_biggrin.gif

Joe

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 8 May 2005 , 8:15pm
post #14 of 18

Well..I thought with a name like that person might be a guy icon_wink.gif but that's about it...I like your username...of course I am wierd like that.. enjoy sci fi, some fantasy stuff,... things like that

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 8 May 2005 , 8:31pm
post #15 of 18
Quote:

Quote:

melody

Here's the reason I put a pic of Sarah as my avatar. Dragonwarlord1969 is my automatic default name for just about everything. My secondary ebay account bears the same name. When I signed up for Cake Central, I started seeing cute names, nothing like mine. I tried to change it and when I realized I could not, I tried to fluff up my postings by putting a pic of my daughter on it. I know a lot of people might have judged me just by my name alone. Now, I hope everybody knows that Dragonwarlord1969 is just a name and does not reflect the man, the myth, the legend, behind it. icon_biggrin.gif

Joe

Hey joe....I like both avatars but your daughters pic hasmy vote..she is adorable.

About changing your username...I know that Jackie changed someone else's for her, so if you haven't already sent a PM to Jackie, you may want to try that route if you are still interested in changing your username...although it would confuse me totally since I tend to just look at the avatar and not the names/usernames... LOL!! icon_lol.gif

dragonwarlord1969 Posted 8 May 2005 , 9:58pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMissey

Quote:

Quote:

melody

Joe

Hey joe....I like both avatars but your daughters pic hasmy vote..she is adorable.

About changing your username...I know that Jackie changed someone else's for her, so if you haven't already sent a PM to Jackie, you may want to try that route if you are still interested in changing your username...although it would confuse me totally since I tend to just look at the avatar and not the names/usernames... LOL!! icon_lol.gif

Hi MrsMissey!

Since people on the forum know me already, I think I'll keep it! thumbs_up.gif Thanks, I think my daughter is adorable too! But I kinda have to be biased on my vote! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 8 May 2005 , 10:05pm
post #17 of 18

Great idea!! BTW, did it ever stop snowing up there in Michigan?? LOL

dragonwarlord1969 Posted 8 May 2005 , 10:44pm
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMissey

Great idea!! BTW, did it ever stop snowing up there in Michigan?? LOL

We had about 4" on Sunday and it melted on Monday and then rained on Tuesday! Life in Michigan!! thumbs_up.gif

Joe

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%